GO!

The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Travel to places around the world, make new furiends and pawty with them; let your imagination carry you away!

(Page 1643 of 1935: Viewing entries 16421 to 16430)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1638  1639  1640  1641  1642  1643  1644  1645  1646  1647  1648  [Last 10 entry]  
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 10:42am PST 
BurtMum... in town one of the ways we used to go through is across the back if the Walmart carpark. I never shop in there and because the puppy millers and such as you describe used to do exactly as you say all the time... I asked Jay to stop using the shortcut. He basically knew if he didnt there was going to be hell break loose if I got near one of the people. Walmart security have no interest at all in stopping it either.

I finally also realised I couldnt save them all.. and that slaughtering one of the human pond slime wasnt going to stop it either. Try to find some peace.. I had to... it works SOME of the time. .. HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Welcome Home Dixie Beep... that urn was a wonderful thing.. and Dixie added willl be beautiful. Its a hard day for you... but you have her home again... HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

AnnieMum... the Boys go out regardless.They have never been given the choice not to. There IS no choice ! . When we had the apartment they had to be walked each time.. so they have been brought up with going out any weather. Lucas is happiest at any temperature freezing or below... and Flicka is ok. Its sunshine and cold.. but a pretty day... I have about an hours stuff to do outside and they will come out and play....

I have had to become very left handed after the damage they did to my radial nerve.That... and both thumb/wrist joints replaced... its use it or lose it. It comes.. its just practice.. and no choices and I get very frustrated when I cant feel things with my right hand and drop them sometimes. Hopefully PapaC is on the mend.

Enjoy your lunch out !Enjoy the time with family...

S&S... I wasnt able to afford to have Cleo cremated privately either at the time.. so I have nothing. BUT... I do.. as you do with Socks... You have all the wonderful memories and nothing can spoil or take those. Hang in there. Hugsss for Sully... it takes time...same for the humans.....

Lucas has no interest in any toy and that included the antlers.. Flicka has phases with his... He does like it.. but will go weeks and ignore it.

Its a godsend the people who had the fire at least have somewhere to go back to live. That is a huge bonus they have a familiar roof over their heads at least . Hoping they can find a way to pull things back together and thankful they have their lives safely. They have the kindness of you and others too.

Love and Hugssssssssss for all...........
[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 3:37pm PST 
hughughughughughughughughug DixieAngel hughughughughughughughughug we are glad you are home and will be with brother sweet Winston. Our thoughts were with you all and know that is a hard thing. Bless them all, they are together at the Bridge.

Crewmom, I have read so much about bulldog eyes and know it was a scratch, and just with the dry eye won't heal up as a younger dog. The vet said you can see the little scratch and some improvement to it. Sarge is on Cyclosporin and Tax...... something very expensive as a daily eye med for dry eye. I remember sweet Winston and his blind eye, bless him, what a precious boy. I think they are so stoic and brave as I said before, watching the doctor fool around and do what he has to do. Would prefer not to do any procedure, though, and will go the rounds of meds long as it takes.

That is terrible to see selling pups out in the parking lots - never have gone around the back of our Walmart plaza and wonder if it is going on - people will do anything for money, Someone posted on out Lab Club FB page they had seen a listing for a year old girl black lab on Craigslist - and the local rescue group for black dogs immediately got in touch to take the dog - it was listed as free. So scary.

S&S glad that you have the shingles on the roof again and how generous you are and so many to help the family. Glad that they have a home to be in, what a tragic thing. I am sorry that Sully lost interest in his antler, maybe put it away and try another day. So sad, to see them grieving and I think of dear Burt, too.

I was thinking of Rocky and walking and as Flickamom said, we had no fence when we moved here and walked Rocky or he was on a tether hooked to the basketball hoop, always one of us was out there. Over a year before we had a fence. Sarge had no fence, Rob walked him and Sarge was just having a ball running free in the yard when they moved here.

Rob's forehead is definately changed with the shifting of the surgery incision they made. Took some pictures of it, but nothing can be done of course.

Anniemom, how nice you went to eat and with your son.

Son Tom and I went to the Galleria - he has one of those Apple phones and it wasen't doing something, so called and asked if I wanted to take a ride with him there. Courtney was somewhere with her mother.

Hope your elbow is some better today, PapaC.
[notify]
Maiyah - Sahara

Little Miss- Maiyah

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 4:43pm PST 
Long shopping day.Was able to close the car door with my left hand hand for a change . Shoulder is not 100% but better...Talking about yogourt, do we go 2% or whatFirst small container was 10 %, error. Now we have 2%. Plain, no sugar nor gelatine,
papaC
mAIYAH LOVES HER CARROT TREATS, BLUEBERRIES, APPLES ETC
caps...
shrug
hamster dancehamster dancehamster dance
[notify]

Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 4:58pm PST 
AbbySargeMum... it was nice that you were able to go out and spend a little time with Tom.

I know just how wonderful ity is that the Boys now have freedom to run. They are never outside alone.. but it isnt a major undertaking everytime to just go outside. With the apartment... they got to run as we took them out quiet places.. but it was always having to be an organised thing...They didnt suffer.. but this is SO much better !

There are some very good scar treatment things available. Mostly keeping it supple with a simple cream like Nivea or Vaseline Intensive Care is a real help.

PapaC... glad you are doing alot better.... Sounds as if time will heal .....

Yoghurt... I did say Plain and live Yoghurt . That doesnt have sugar or anything else in.Doesnt matter the percentage.. but if you want to use a low fat one thats fine. Also did say... an 8oz pot is 6 heaped dessert spoons full. That is 3 days for the Boys.. so 6 days for Maiyah. One heaped dessertspoon a day.... more wont hurt either.

Hugssssssss for all.....
[notify]
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 3:26am PST 
hugbig hughug 's Fur All hugbig hughug

Hope all are doing well!

We are all finally getting over the silly cold/flu here! It sure did take its toll!

Little Trickle had her "girly" surgery just this past Friday, and is doing well in recovery! Although she really wants to get at those little stitches!

Hard to believe she is six months....**gasp**

Poor thing hates that silly donut collar!

laugh out loud

Stay well my friends!

hug
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 4:57am PST 
Awwwww Trickle cloud 9 At least they have a donut cone now! Those are easier than the other long cones where you knock in to everything wink

I'm sorry to hear about Sarge's eye...hopefully he will be okay hug Also saw Burts mom was picking up Dixies ashes. When we got Floppy back, the gentleman brought her to us. Mom was a mess in the parking lot. It kind of made it real again. I'm glad you waited until you were ready.

We are all doing ok...it's been really warm here too...i really want some snow shrug

Have a good week friends! wavehughughughughug
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 8:13am PST 
Mornin'all,

S&SMom, was hoping that the antler was a turning point for Sully. Precious boy just needs more time. POP for the roofer and so thoughtful of you to help out. Are you feeling better now?

FlickaMom, Annie doesn't have much interest in toys. She loves rawhide chews but afraid to give her those because heard they can be a choking hazard. I give her dog biscuit bones that she can chew easily. After much practice, I was actually able to write with my left hand where you could read it. It was almost as good as my right hand, which looks like chicken scratch...so Jim says! We got our cold front in. Brrrrrrrr!

SargeMom, good news the vet says Sarge's scratch is improving. So sorry to hear about Rob's forehead? Is it painful? Did the doc say it was normal for this to happen? How nice of Tom to invite you to go along with him. When son has a day off we try to go out to eat. He's always so busy with work and his band that almost have to make an appointment.

Maiyah, glad to hear PapaC is doing better!

Hi Scooter!

River, glad all are getting over the flu!

hug for all in need and Smooches for each and every one kissing
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 12:28pm PST 
Afternoon All.....

Heal fast Trickle !! Then the daft doughnut can come off ! Heal fast too from the Flu !!

Scoots.. hope you are doing better after your flu too.

S&S are also working through it. Its a slow mend.

AnnieMum.. Nice big rawhides are fine.. just be there when she has them. Anything can be a danger.. you cant look out for all.. but you can just take sensible precautions. Flicka really only loves his tennis balls... and ripp a few stuffies when he has them... Lucas couldnbt care less about any toy. I only give them chews when we are around.

Hope you had a nice day with your son !

Cold but pretty day.. did some tidying outside but 90 mins was enough with the breeze making it still below freezing. Supposed to reach 50 later in the week.

Hugsssssss for all..........
[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 12:29pm PST 
cheersnoopy So relieved today, after diligent - night and day drops drops drops, Sarge's eye has improved, not out of the woods but we can wait 2 weeks and keep up the drops as we are doing and maybe no proceedure. Came out and a 3 month bulldog was there - the owner wasen't 'sure' about it - the nurse/recp. talking to him and said to me ask her about Sarge and I said that if you want a calm and sweet tempered dog, you've got it - puppy stuff is puppy stuff and not forever. Matilda - cutest puppy

So glad Trickle had her procedure, that's who I was thinking of and wrote the Maiyah was having her spay last week. And glad for the flu to be gone - awful stuff they are asking everyone to get a flu shot here.

Scooter, the balloon cones are the best, come a long way from the old stiff huge plastic ones that were too long to eat with them on. Rocky had one for 2 weeks with his aural hematoma and ended up with 2 ear infections, not a good thing and was terrible banging into the walls and all.

We went to Kohls and I got pj's on sale - not many left, and then to the mall to have Subway and look for a small round tablecloth. Found one at bed bath beyond which is near the mall. Been using my mother's felt one which is easily 30 years old, shredded in spots,

Thinking of DarlaMae today alot and hoping her appointments are helping her with her heart and DaddyO - they are always in our prayers and Stacy.

My sil's dad passed on yesterday, age 90 - and she said he was ready. Her mother went to see if he wanted help with breathing and other measures and he said no. So she will have a memorial service when her brother from GA. can come and daughter is in LV. Joann (Fran's wife) is retiring 2 weeks from 35 years of teaching - 2 schools regular job and also special help at another school at night. It will be a big change for her. Fran waiting to see an oncologist about some things going on with him. Tom's sister, Ann on way home from annual trip to see her daughter in Texas - his mother will be so glad and back to their routine of church and lunch and all. Tom got her to go one time to lunch, but she is really set in her ways and wanted to go home after the hair dresser.

Thoughts of Sully and Burt, always in our hearts, it is so hard on the precious ones who don't know what to think. Empty Leash is Thursday night.

Anniemom, I forgot son is in a band too, so time off would be very limited. What color car did he get?

wave to all - any critters out in the back, Flickamom? - we have a colder day today but I hope that winter won't be alot of ice and snow, early yet. Tom was saying he played golf in March last year, very unusual.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 3:57pm PST 
GREAT news about Sarge's eye !! At least it gives you a little more option time. Hopefully it will heal !

Hopefully the owner of the sweet little Bulldog pup has found their common sense. Makes me mad when they just think all will be perfect from Day 1.. totally irresponsible. Matilda.. great name for the pup !

Glad you got what you wanted at the Mall. Kohl's is always the place we go. Nice shop. We have a BBB too.

The gent lived a goodly life.. as you say .. he was ready to pass. Sad but a forefilled life.

Joann will probably find plenty to do ! Hope fran does ok at the oncologists. I am sure Ann enjoyed the break form all.

Lots of birds.. but I feed alot. Its become a place they know they can find food and water... 31 species now. The seed about eats up my resources.. but I dont drink (occasional glass of wine!) I dont smoke.. only replace necessary clothes... my camera and my graphics are my indulgences.. and the bird seed... Most months 60 lbs of seed.. the cheapest.. the birds dont know the difference. This month I bought more but cant do that every month.The gopher has I think moved in under the West deck as he knows he can get food... so far we have an uneasy alliance... !!!! I feed cheap dry dog food to the night critters... not many raccoons about this past year.

Really glad about Sarge !

Hugsssssss for all........
[notify]
  (Page 1643 of 1935: Viewing entries 16421 to 16430)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1638  1639  1640  1641  1642  1643  1644  1645  1646  1647  1648  [Last 10 entry]