GO!

The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Travel to places around the world, make new furiends and pawty with them; let your imagination carry you away!

(Page 1642 of 1957: Viewing entries 16411 to 16420)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1637  1638  1639  1640  1641  1642  1643  1644  1645  1646  1647  [Last 10 entry]  
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 7:59am PST 
Mornin'all,

SargeMom, thanks for the summary of Downton Abbey. I will definitely check it out or maybe even record it. Glad you had a slow day and some relief. hug for Sarge's eye. Hopefully he's not in any pain.

Maiyah, your mom is a "Spring Chicken"! POP for dad's pain. hug Hope it eases soon. Beautiful pics on Jenna's page...all of them!

FlickaMom, you have indeed lead a fascinating life. Something to be proud of and lots of memories. The mom of the twins that Jim is tutoring and I were talking and she has also had a fascinating life, even serving in the military. My life has been relatively ho-hum but a good life and a happy one.We have rain again.

S&SMom, sounds like you had a bad case of the flu. Hear so much about it on the news, especially on the little ones. Hopefully you are on the mend now! Such sad news about the fire and so thoughtful of you to gather up things for his family. Yaay for Sully & the elk antler! cheer Keep wagging that tail, precious boy! Sorry about your car problems.

hug for all in need and Smooches for each and every one kissing
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 2:04pm PST 
S&S... glad that you are getting back. It will be slow.... its been a nasty nasty outbreak. Hoping you get WELL SOON

That is so so sad about your roofing man. THANK goodness they werent hurt though. Everything else.. well.... it can be got back in time.. lives cant. Thankful to all trying to help he and his familly.

Glad Sully loves his antler... Flicka loves his.. Lucas could care less.

AnnieMum... no-one has "ho-hum" lives.. just different lives. I had to grow up really fast when Mum died when I was 14.. I had also been brought up to try any and everything and be very independant. I left home at 17. I have never regretted the experiences.. though some were less than good too.

We are down to 20F and icy rain and thunder.. possible snow later... but we shall see. Any wet is a godsend !

Stay warm and many Hugssssss for all.......
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 2:47pm PST 
Freezing rain/ice now..... ice sheaths on the trees...

Hate ice storms... the trees just cant take it...

Last big ice storm took 3/4 of the State out for 3 weeks... all you could hear in the darkness was smashing trees... and power was down everywhere. This isnt "good" wet !
[notify]

Maiyah - Sahara

Little Miss- Maiyah

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 5:46pm PST 
Papa C is doing better. Feels like he has to re learn certain functions for his left hand ???
Still, better than having a house burn down and no insurance ????Good luck to the poor fellow and family. Lucky, nobody seems to be hurt.
mild here. Snow melting and yes Mom is close to a spring chick even at .....her age.
Dad knows how lucky he is,
Warm wishes to all,
wavewavewave kissingflowers
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 9:52pm PST 
Glad you are doing better PapaC. Thinking you probably bruised the radial nerve... so will be a little while to let that heal.

We have sheet ice... trees are creaking but we have power and supplies if we lose power !

Take care all...
[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 3:15am PST 
morning, been warm for 2 days and rain today, but back to cold tomorrow. S&S that is just terrible for the wonderful family and so kind of you and Clark to gather things to give to them, who definately need everything. So tragic, and he sounds like a good man, conscientious. When I think of so many things I have here that sit in the closets, and they need to go to those who can use them. Please keep us updated on how they are, and where are they staying, do they have family? I remember the Kirk's had a sil in town while their house was being rebuilt.

PapaC not to be a medical expert, as certainly I am not, but I was at the "putt put" golfing place for a son's birthday year's ago. Fell down a stair - black as night in the place, and hit my elbow. It was summer so no sweater or cushioning. I went to the hospital - a weekend of course, and they xrayed and said no break but the pain was so terrible. Sunday night, a call came that the ortho looked and there was a fracture and to come for a cast. I remember it as I kidded it was a 'golfing injury'

Lovely picture of sweet Jenna and videos on her page. How is Maiyah - bet she is going to love her mom's birthday party

Sarge's eye doesn't look good, we go back tomorrow but from the reading on corneal ulcerations all we are doing as prescribed by the vet is what they recommend - and not much else, it is all in the system of the dog. Obviously age factors into the healing. I just hate to think of any surgical procedure, but that sppears as the next step. Sarge is so mild and calm and just let's the vet examine him, I am so sad. Trying to figure how this happened, but guess it doesn't take much. It's not infected, thankfully.

Tom's Roswell appt., was moved to February, I think I mentioned, I insisted he call to see if they can move it but this is a clinic and only 1 day a week, so we'll have to wait. When there is a growth, you start playing mind games and been since October. There are so many in the same circumstance there.

wishing all a good day
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 7:10am PST 
Morning All......

Fortunately no further ice accumulation but its weighed down alot of the trees. Hoping to get above freezing today to melt it off. Its a glass ice world out there right now !

Hoping there is a good solution for Sarge's eye. I guess the bottom line is if the vets feel an operation will improve things then that is what they will suggest.Hoping anyway you will have some resolution to it tomorrow when you see the vet. You are doing all you can.

The February appointment at Roswell will soon come around.But understandably you worry.

Stay safe all..... and get WELL SOON those who need to.......
[notify]
Burt- BlackPearl

Shelter Dogs- Deserve a 2nd- Chance

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 8:10am PST 
SargeMom, I know you've read some of the files on the Chicago English Bulldog Meetup Group site. Eye problems are part and parcel of owning a Bulldog. If you recall, poor WINston came to us almost completely blind in his left eye due to repeated corneal scaring--and his original "owners" said they had no idea! If surgery is Sarge's next step, we're sure he'll do just fine. Dixie adjusted quite well to her surgery--Dr. Jackie explained that in many cases the vision has been slowly compromised over time and the dog has already made adjustments in behavior to accommodate. Sarge will do fine, it's we who have to adjust.

Saw a man by the roadside selling puppies out his tailgate yesterday over by the Walmart. Wanted to stop and give him a piece of my mind and take the two pups he had out on the ground huddling together in the cold. But, I didn't and feel guilty about it now.

Going to finally pick up Dixie from the vet's office today. Haven't been able to bring ourselves to do it up until now. Alex from Alex in Welderland's will be adding Dixie to WINston's couch urn. It's strange how we never put WINston's ashes in it--almost like we knew we'd be adding Dixie some day and would need to ship the urn back via mail.

We are in the deep freeze today and plan to stay in and stay warm. Love to you all...
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 8:24am PST 
Mornin'all,

FlickaMom, hope the ice melts off today. It was warm here yesterday, even put the AC on. This morning it's cold and drizzly...not freezing rain, though, thankfully! Hope you don't lose power. Stay nice and toasty inside. Do the boys have a problem going out to do their business in the icy weather?

Maiyah, we sympathize with your Papa! When mama broke her right shoulder she had to learn to do everything with her left hand. You should have seen her writing....even worse than with right hand, if that's possible! shock
Your mom is very beautiful and looks much younger than her age!

SargeMom, when I broke my shoulder ER said the fracture wasn't all the way through the bone. The ortho said it was. POP for poor Sarge and his eye. How did he scratch it? Good that it's not infected and hope the vet finds something to bring him some relief. Understandable you are anxious about Tom's appointment being moved back. Time will go by quickly and February will be here soon. Hang in there!

Dixie will be back home, now!

Son is off today and if the weather permits, we want to go to an old fashioned burger place for late lunch and then watch the Texans game.

hug for all in need and Smooches for each and every one. kissing

Edited by author Sun Jan 13, '13 8:40am PST

[notify]
Sully &- Socks Our- Angel

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 9:44am PST 
Dear Ones~

So sorry to hear about poor Sarge's eye and hope the vet will know how to proceed tomorrow...will be thinking about him. Know how scarey it is for you MomD anytime something is wrong with our babies. POTP for Sarge. Maybe they'll have a cancellation at Roswell and Tom will get in sooner to see what's up and hope all is well.

Burt Mom, no, it won't be easy to make the trip to bring precious Dixie home, but she'll be with Big WIN in the lovely urn and home. It hurt us badly that we weren't able to bring Socks back home with us and put her ashes beside Buddy's, but financially it was impossible (one dear friend offered to pay for it, but it was just too costly to accept, though we appreciated the kindness so very much). How is Burt coping without Dixie? Sully was happy and interested in his antler for a day, but now he's back to staying away from us and sleeping in her spot. He has to have his shots & a checkup in February and we're hoping and praying he has no health issues. Our little family sure isn't the same joyful little home it was when she was here, but life must go on and we treasure all the memories we have of her. Mom spent a good deal of time earlier looking at all her pictures...she was so beautiful and dear to us, as you Dixie was to you. Will be holding you in our hearts today as you make that trip.

Dennis came early this morning and replaced the shingles that had blown off our roof. Then he took the big load we had put together to send to our roofing man and his family who lost everything in that terrible fire. I asked Dennis where they were staying and he said they'd returned to the house they were living in before they moved last weekend. He said that people have been very generous to them (one family gave them a tv and a "Wie" (sp?) game). I called him to ask what they had and what they still need, but no reply as yet...he has so much on his mind, I'm sure. We have lots of extra household items from over the years, but don't want to send duplicates of what they've already received.

Much love to each & every one of you! kissing
[notify]
  (Page 1642 of 1957: Viewing entries 16411 to 16420)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1637  1638  1639  1640  1641  1642  1643  1644  1645  1646  1647  [Last 10 entry]