GO!

The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Travel to places around the world, make new furiends and pawty with them; let your imagination carry you away!

(Page 1638 of 1944: Viewing entries 16371 to 16380)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1633  1634  1635  1636  1637  1638  1639  1640  1641  1642  1643  [Last 10 entry]  
Maiyah - Sahara

Little Miss- Maiyah

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 6:48pm PST 
“Once an experience is consciously named and internalized, physically and emotionally, it can no longer influence us unconsciously… Naming something that has affected us adversely – and also articulating the unmet need associated with it – is part of freeing ourselves… Doing this frees emotional and physical energy that has been stuffed, stuck, denied or ignored… When we can allow ourselves to feel exactly how we feel, without judgment, we begin to free our energy.”
[notify]
Maiyah - Sahara

Little Miss- Maiyah

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 6:54pm PST 
Do you need one?
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 8:17pm PST 
AbbySargeMum.. stay warm !

Maiyah.... the Spirit Bear graphic was beautiful.

Its interesting the "naming" quote. I was taught this by my Grandmother when I was 3 or 4. This was done as a way to teach me to cope wth horrendous nightmares that I never remember not having and still have now . The "naming" is a psychological method of controlling what we fear. I learnt to name ... and as I grew up and the bone pain began.. that method has also helped me.

Its something I have valued being taught and have passed on to others. Its a bit like the ethic of calling the devil out. Mentally it works the same way.

That quote was beautiful.. thankyou for that too.
[notify]

River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 5:47am PST 
hugbig hughug 's Fur All hugbig hughug

Hope all are well.....just a quiet Sunday here today....

cloud 9

Everyone is still down fur the count with this stupid cold big laugh
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 8:06am PST 
Mornin'all,

River, good luck to Trickle! Hope mom is on the mend with her cold!

Hi Burt
Hi Scooter

FlickaMom, how are you doing this morning? We have sunshine and Annie is very frisky doing zoomies through the house.

S&SMom, hope Sully had a fun birthday and hope you and Clark are feeling better.

SargeMom, are you catching a cold? I will check into the mini implant. How is that different than a regular implant? Jim has one implant but I've never had one. I'm thinking with just this one tooth which is way in the back I am leaning towards just having it taken out and be done with it.

Maiyah, thank you for the beautiful quote!

We are planning on going to Olive Garden later with our son. His day off.

hug for all in need and Smooches for each and every one kissing
[notify]
Sully &- Socks Our- Angel

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 11:29am PST 
Hi dear Buhens pals~ wave

Seems like forever since we posted because of this horrible flu...today is the first day since before Christmas I've even looked at the computer. This has been one nasty, debilitating spell and the headaches haven't helped. So good to see all your dear faces!!

WOW...I'm the worst Mommy for forgetting dear Sully's birthday yesterday, but appreciate all your sweet wishes for him so much! Got alot of rosies in e-mail yet to open on their page but wanted to drop in and see you all first. We think maybe, just maybe, Sully's starting to come back to normal since losing his beloved sister, Socks. We miss her so much and seeing him so desolate has made it even harder. How I long to reach down from my bedside and feel her soft head greeting me each morning. She was a huge presence in the house and can never be replaced. We can't thank you all enough for all your kindnesses in her memory.

Oh, my, I've missed so much but will try to read back as much as possible.

Seem like all had a nice Christmas and wishing all the happiest of New Years! All of your decoration pictures were so lovely. We didn't go down to Cindy & Ray's for Christmas and haven't done anything but lay around all during the holidays. Cindy brought us up plates of food for Christmas dinner, she's a treasure. We ate what we could, but honestly haven't had any appetites for food since this whole thing started.

Flicka Mom, so hope you've found you much treasured bracelet...losing such meaningful things is so hard. Your table looked so beautiful, as always...such lovely settings you do! Thank you for the calls checking on us & posting!

Pearls Mom, glad you were working over the holidays and keeping your mind occupied. Do you notice any change in Burt? So hope he's not grieving the way Sully has (but glad Ozzy Cat is keeping him company). You most certainly did go through hell and a ton of money helping precious Dixie and I'm sure the suggestion to start treatment on OzzyCat was just what you didn't need to hear! Ozzy is 12 years old and very likely has had the heart murmur for a long time, so he's most likely ok...sure hope so! Kinda have to agree that the shelter pounced on you too soon after Dixie about the black dog. Hope you didn't get sick and all is well there. So nice that they catered food in for you all. Hope your sore hand is better now! I had one of those u-shaped filled wraps and it felt great. When I put it up for quite awhile downstairs some mice got into it and tore it apart! I have two of them that I use
alternately to wrap around my eyes when I'm down with my head...they sure are nice! I still haven't posted the memorial picture of all the pups lost in 2012 that Eileen Henderson (of the Parumph Pack) made and the precious little train filled with angels so joyous...weren't they wonderful?! Will post as soon as I can on S&S page.

Sarge/Abby Mom, sounds like you had a very busy time over the holidays & so glad you enjoyed it all. Hoping & praying that Rob is improving steadily since his leg operation. Saw on the news that you got alot of snow and been thinking of you. So sorry to hear Rob's scar is so visible, but maybe a plastic surgeon could improve the look of it in time. Poor dear boy has been through so much! How is Fran doing? Is he home or still in the hospital. So glad you were able to give some comfort to the lady who'd just lost her dog at your Christmas Empty Leash. I'm sure it meant the world to her.
Sure hope Sarge is feeling better and you got the meds sorted out at the vet. Glad the colonoscopy is behind you (no pun intended, BOL!). I had one a year ago, but can't talk C into getting one...MEN!

Annie Mom, sure hope you're feeling better now. You Christmas services sound very uplifting. Hope you and Jim are healing from the loss of your dear friend, Dave. Did that crick in your neck work its way out? Those can be very painful! It was awfully sweet and thoughtful of you to take stuffed animals for the children. Glad you got a diagnosis of your chest discomfort and especially glad it wasn't your heart, but the esophagus can be terribly uncomfortable...glad the meds are helping. Hope Jim is feeling better now, too.

Sweet little Maiyah, know your first Christmas was very exciting for you and glad you enjoyed the snow (much more than PapaC, I suspect). Glad you had a nice gathering to eat your Mama's delicious cooking! We know that Angel Jenna was right there with you.

So happy to see the wonderful post from DarlaMae. So glad than Nanny was there to visit awhile. How wonderful that DaddyO put the wall tree in Brendan's room...just know that B was smiling down on his beloved family and enjoyed the
decorations. Glad that the "Quiet Mass" gave some comfort and how wonderful that you visited with dear Stacy. Think about you all & Stacy all the time and so hope J isn't having any more cardio problems...such dear, sweet folks. Hope & pray the flu stays away from you all. Always in our prayers as we know Brendan's loss is hitting you awfully hard. Will never understand how something so terrible could happen to such a wonderful, loving young man. Please try to take good care of yourselves and if you feel any more pain in your chest, don't ignore it...get back to the doc you like so much. Know
how much you are loved by all and that we are all sharing in your sorrow. I was astounded and brought to tears at your taking the time to send us such a beautiful card when we lost our Socksy and the wonderful Christmas card. You have one of the biggest hearts of anyone we've ever known and don't deserve all that's happened to you. hughughughughug

Scooter, sure hope your Mom is feeling better by now. Not to alarm you, but our flu started out with bad chills, then burning up hot and a head cold, which is now down in our chests, no appetite, cramps & nausea. Didn't get on antibiotics until this week as they don't help the flu, but do prevent bacterial infection. SO hoping you don't have this cwap! I do think it hits us elder folk hard & takes longer to get rid of.

River, glad you enjoyed your company from home and hope you're enjoying your travels. How is little Trickle doing with her potty training...she sounds like a pistol!

Bet Levi's posse enjoyed the holidays with all the hustle & bustle with the kids & pups. I imagine Dad has gone back to sea by now.

Well, gang, I only got to page 1636 with my trying to read back, so please forgive any misses. Head's swimming and need to get back down flat.

Much love to all of you and wishing everyone a Happy & Healthy New Year (please not another repeat of last year).

Will write more when able smile

hugkissinghug
[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 3:28pm PST 
S&Smom - So Good to see you and what a wonderful message to all - your memory is fabulous, mine stinks, but so nice to see you are here and feeling a little better. The flu is all around and not fun - really lays you low. Thankful that your neighbor Cindy brought your dinner plates down, what a nice friend. We are so glad to know you are on the up swing now snoopyway to gowave

Anniemom, the regular implant is about an 8 month procedure. I know that a friend had 4 of them and she said they are quite a bit more expensive than the mini-ones - which originally were designed to hold dentures. But it fills the need for me, and also for what I can afford. What the dentist told me is that a open area will generally allow the teeth to drift a bit, in time, I don't know, makes sense. If Jim has had one, then you probably know more than I do about the regular implants. The minis - as I said, work for what is my problem, and having a few more crowns - I know in time they will give way, the span is about 20 years, I think for a good crown.

Maiyah, lovely and so very true, and it is "the devil you know is better than the one you don't" - something to that effect. You can combat fears to an extent better if you know what you are dealing with rather than 'guessing' or just hoping they will go away. This may be the year that I find myself working on some fears in my life, so I can enjoy things and not be in dread. It is not fun, and I have hoped that some of these will go on their own, but they aren't doing that.

Scooter hoping that you are feeling better - your mom - and takes time to totally recover from such a bout - ie: S&S mom and dad -

River - good to see your message sweet one - hugs to all - safe travels

Flickamom, we only can hope that a doctor as kind and helpful as yours will get something to make you feel better. There are far and few between that will spend time as this doctor has, he is a good soul.

Speaking of good doctors-one of the techs at our vet called, our Vet is back in the emergency at this point - he was very sick a few months ago with appendix I think - burst - and then it healed and they were doing a procedure and something ruptured and he is in not good shape as of now. I think it was a colonoscopy that caused this rupture - but praying he will be ok. A nice nice man, takes time, explains things - we are praying for him. Sarge has meds to continue with his eye - problem being with his dry eye condition - the scratch can turn to an ulcer on the cornea as there are not enough tears to let it heal as a normal eye would. Therefore 3 meds for this - one is called Remend - one an antibiodic and one a dialator. They may bring in another vet, probably, but this just all came about today.

Hugs to all, so glad to see our friends and sending lots of healing thoughts to all.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 3:33pm PST 
Late afternoon All.........

Twelvth Night.. so took all the Christmas stuff down and packed away and will hoover and dust morro.. not moving so well now !

Dinner is a pot roast that smells GOOD !

River.. lay low.. drink lots.. and RECOVER !!!

AnnieMum... hard frost start and a gorgeous day.. but had to be insode most of it !

Just note.. major metal implants into the jaw are long term and expensive and may need the bone implants first if the bone is thinned. I had 2 years of it when I came here.

S&S Mum... so pleased you are om the road back. Will take time as it really takes it al out of you. Just take it slowly .

Glad too Sully has started the long road back... its hard...

Didnt find the bracelet.. but .. who knows.

Glad at least Cindy was able to bring you some cheer.

Dont worry about trying to catch up !! Just get WELL and go forward !!

Hugsssssssss for all......................
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 7:57am PST 
Mornin'all

S&SMom, so good to hear from you. hug for you having that awful flu! Seems like you are on the mend and that's a good thing! Just take it easy an get well...lots of rest....liquids.....and chicken noodle soup. So nice of Cindy to bring a Christmas food plate! The memorial we attended for Dave helped us with closure and Jim is doing better now. Sending lots of hugs for precious Sully.

SargeMom, I will check about the mini implant. Thanks for the info. So sorry to hear about the Vet. Hope he will be OK. How is Sarge's eye and how is Fran?

FlickaMom....pot roast.....I'll be right over! Love the way the house smells when one is in the crockpot! Do you have dental implants? When the periodontist told me that I needed an implant I wasn't prepared so I didn't ask a lot of questions or know I had other options. I am going to check all this out and go over my options a little more thoroughly with her.

Going to enjoy the sunshine today because next couple of days bad weather with lots of rain returns.

hug to all in need and Smooches for each and every one kissing
[notify]
Burt- BlackPearl

Shelter Dogs- Deserve a 2nd- Chance

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 11:33am PST 
hello, all!

Home with a cold on my days off... taking Mucinex to help break up the ickies. Can't do the "D" because of high blood pressure. Fun.

Burt has been moping, but one good thing is it got Lar out of the house for a walk the other day. It's been super cold here, but no measurable snow. I was surprised to see him bundling up and asked him "what are you doing?". He said "taking Burt for a walk." I mentioned how cold it was and he said "Burt's bored"... dog walk
[notify]
  (Page 1638 of 1944: Viewing entries 16371 to 16380)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1633  1634  1635  1636  1637  1638  1639  1640  1641  1642  1643  [Last 10 entry]