GO!

The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Travel to places around the world, make new furiends and pawty with them; let your imagination carry you away!

(Page 1621 of 1935: Viewing entries 16201 to 16210)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1616  1617  1618  1619  1620  1621  1622  1623  1624  1625  1626  [Last 10 entry]  
Maiyah - Sahara

Little Miss- Maiyah

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 7:00pm PST 
yule time of the year
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 7:57pm PST 
Beautiful picture !
[notify]
Ernie- Wigglesworth

Have a Golden- day!

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 8:16pm PST 
seems with all the sorrow tonight in Connecticut and across the nation/world, our troubles seem so insignificant... but I need to put this out there for any and all who may have some suggestions.

Dixie is eating fairly well. Drinking water. Moving her bowels. Sleeping a lot, but still tippy-tapping her tail.

My problem is I don't think we're doing the right thing with her. We decided on her stopping eating to be our marker that it's time. But we can see the build-up of the cancer cell debris in her eye. It hasn't blocked the drain yet, so the pressure hasn't gone up, but her vision less and less each day. We were going to take her to the eye vet for a pressure reading.

The thing is, we know that when she blows that eye it will force our hand as far as letting her go. We wouldn't put her through another surgery at this point. But I can't believe it's the right thing to do for her to wait until she blows the eye, loses her remaining sight, is in panic and pain, and THEN take her to the vet for her trip to the Bridge.

I can't believe it's the right thing to do. But Lar can't bring himself to agree let her go while she's still eating, drinking, etc. I know I'm rambling here, but I'm truly at a loss as to how to deal with him...
[notify]

Sully &- Socks Our- Angel

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 12:24am PST 
Dearest Rhon...no one has the right or wrong answers at a time like this. If I may, I'll only say that I agree with your thinking, but also feel its a decision that you and Lar should make together to avoid any blame or guilt being put on you during both of your inevitable grief. He's thinking with his heart and probably knows that you are only trying to do what is best for Dixie to spare her any additional pain and fear, but can't bring his head around to agreeing with you at this point.

You both love her so dearly and are torn apart inside having to face this awful decision. Can just the two of you possibly get away from the house and the pups for a few hours (or even over night somewhere) to discuss what needs to be done without being there in the house where you're looking right at her while you talk face to face? If that's possible you may be able to set aside for a few moments the horrible emotion involved and discuss it calmly.

When the decision was made here regarding sending Socks on her journey, it was left up to me to make the call, but afterwards Clark agreed it was the right time (after hearing both vets who attended to her be in agreement). Clark knew it was the right thing in his head, but couldn't make the call...told me to do what I thought was right. If you can make Lar understand that sparing her any more misery is the greatest gift of love you both can give her, it would be easier on you both emotionally and no blame or guilt to be held.

I don't know if this suggestion is of any help at all, but I do think it has to be a joint decision, made at a neutral place away from the sight of your girl since Lar is unable to do so sitting there looking at her. Please know that I so understand what you're facing and say this only out of love and concern for all.

Precious Dixie has given you both so much and its so awfully hard to have to say goodbye, but with conviction from just having been where you are a month ago, I truly believe that you know what is right for her (and so does Lar in his head). My deepest sorrow, love and sympathy is right there with you and what I've suggested is all I can think of to convince Lar. Bless you all.

hughughughughughughughughug.
[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 3:18am PST 
Rhon and Lar, I was thinking of Dixie last night, and what you have said about some encouraging you to let her have a safe journey. Rhon, no one has been through more saddness than your family, with your 3 sweethearts in a matter of months. How you got through that, you did all you humanly could.

All I can share is what happened to Rocky who had nasal cancer and although bleeding at the nose quite profusely at times, we were sure he would make the three months that the vet thought he had. The day he was so bloated, a Saturday, and I took him over to the vet who said we should let him go, Tom and I could not go it, we could not. That night, our precious Rocky went through tests and transfusions and things for hours, surely as we felt he would benefit and be well. The next morning, we came to pick him up and we saw a dog who could barely stand up, eyes black with pain and bleeding. I knew that I should have let him go to his well earned peace and rest the night before and not put him through all of those tests and he spent his last night in a cold barred cell with a cement floor. I will forever hate myself for that, Rhon, as you know I have written of it before. I wanted to stay with Rocky at the vet, and they said no. We did what we felt was right. But Labs, and most dogs, are stoic, they will soldier on through the pain to 'please us'. That is the hard part, as they don't show how badly they feel. Later on, we heard that Rocky's nasal cancer had reached his brain and was around his eye, and it is like the worst headache, neverending. Our best friend for 12 years, and the last day was spent in pain and finally being alone.

You and Lar have to do what is in your hearts. I only share this as I would do things differently now. My intentions were to make Rocky 'well', and feel good to have another few weeks. I will carry this guilt the rest of my life, but I thought I was doing the right thing. Bless you and Lar, now, and DixiePearl, so loved.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 7:13am PST 
Rhon......

My feelings are the same as S&S and AbbySargeMum.Waiting for more bad isnt where you want any of you to be.

Lar would never want Dixie to suffer more... and perhaps relating it to him in the way of how would he feel if it were he ? Gently of course.. but yes.. he is thinking with his heart...

If I may suggest this...as you are asking... and this is what I believe I would personally do were it one of mine.It is also what another dogster dear friend did recently...

Set a day... a day you know you will pre-arrange things for the passing. Be it a week or whenever away. Have the BEST of time possible till that day....

It helped my friend to focus on the good things.... helped her to help her dog too. That was the truely important thing.

You have to do what YOU are comfortable with doing...but the above is simply my feelings and you KNOW we all will support your decisions .

With LOVE................

hughughughughughughughughug

Edited by author Sat Dec 15, '12 7:18am PST

[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 7:44am PST 
Oh Rhon, this just breaks my heart! It is something that most of us have been through and one of the toughest decisions we ever have to make. I agree that it needs to be in agreement between you & Lar. If you trust your vet then I think his thoughts would be helpful.

Annie's brother before her had nasal cancer and I would watch him lay there and have a hard time breathing. Somewhat like a person with a bad cold. Then he would pop up and wag his tail for a treat. We had done everything we could to help him with meds, etc., but the vet said he would not get better. I held on to the times he wagged his tail and tried to make him comfortable with a pillow under his head. I didn't want him to suffer. I prayed for a sign that it was time to let him go. Then one morning he couldn't get up at all. He had a stroke and I knew I had the sign. As we picked him up and went to the vet for his journey, he looked up at me as to say "thank you". I bawled like a baby.

Rhon, I know you & Lar will make the best decision for our precious Dixie whatever you decide to do. She is so loved!

hughughughughughug

Edited by author Sat Dec 15, '12 7:46am PST

[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 8:58am PST 
Something I wanted to add.. but forgot when I posted..... and it might make more sense to Lar...

Right now... you have control over keeping Dixie as comfortable as possible... but what if it gets worse overnight.. or when you are at work.. or Christmas Eve/Day....?

Then.... you have no control over it.. because it will possibly mean a trip to an Emergency vet.. someone who doesnt know you or Dixie.

For now... you can make the Passing as you wish it to be ....

I am sure you have thought of this.. you have been down this road before... maybe it will help Lar to feel he still can help on his terms..

Whatever the decision.. as I have said.. as we all have said.. we are here unconditionally for you.... always.

hughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 3:02pm PST 
Anniemom, glad that you went to the concerts and that you and Jim had a pedicure - that sounds like alot of fun. It is so hard this time of year, emotions are high and with the loss of a dear friend so senseless. Rob's friend from LV took his life last week - 30 years old - was a happy man, they thought - but he was depressed and saw no way out. The service was today. Rob said he remembered the years that they were friends and he was the nicest person, would do anything for another person and then this. Good luck for your appt. on Tuesday.

Adorable pictures of Maiyah - isen't she beautiful and AngelJenna is so pleased she chose a beautiful girl for her family to love.

S&S Mom, how is sweet Sully? I worry about him and know you have done everything to help him. Does your vet have any suggestions? It is heartbreaking when they are soulmates and have each other to be with all the time. Abby and Sarge sort of do their own thing, it's not the same. I know that time is the only healer, but we wish we could tell them it will be ok and to know they are in a better place.

Flickamom, so very sorry about your nephew. What a tragedy that is and thankfully your sister is helping him and with 2 little girls. Prayers that he will come along a little each day.

River, glad you are in Tampa, son and dil's favorite city. Scooter - hugs to you and moms - what is happening there?

Going to a neighborhood party tonight - last year as well, they have it basically for the college kids to gather and as they all grew up together and we have all been on the street 20 years. The man is a jeweler and his wife is a ICU nurse. He reset Tom's engagement ring to give C.

Well, Fran is in the hospital - he has C-Dif - positive - and has been so sick for the 2 weeks he was home, nothing could stay in or he wouldn't taste anything - so they start with Flagle and hopefully that will work. It could be a lifelong condition, unfortunately, and being in operating 5 hours plus, who knows where he got this - but at least he is being treated for it. You have to wear gown etc to go to see him.

Prayers for the innocent lives taken yesterday - too many times this has happened - just something is wrong with the world, the family - I don't know, but it is sad. hug

Last night for lighting the Hanukkah candles - it is always so calm and peaceful and we enjoy every year seeing Bailey and friends at the group.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 6:53pm PST 
Evening All......

AbbySargeMum... so sorry about Rob's friend. People slip so easily through the net.. and its so hard to try and see why and how. May he now find peace.

Sorry about Fran too.... but as you say.. at least they are now treating him.... May he too heal and get well.

Its good that you are going to the neighbourhood party. People NEED an affirmation that there IS a gentle normalacy... they need friends and loved ones.. and this is a good thing this evening for you.

We had a tiny amount of rain in the early hours... just a few splashes. that was it.

When we got back from errands I put the card ribbons up and pinned the cards on. I also dressed the mantle. I will put the Tree up next Sunday... not morro but next Sun.

Love and Hugsss for allll....
[notify]
  (Page 1621 of 1935: Viewing entries 16201 to 16210)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1616  1617  1618  1619  1620  1621  1622  1623  1624  1625  1626  [Last 10 entry]