GO!

wont post my topic

This forum is for Dogster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Dogster account, or require technical support, please contact Dogster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Kloppers

Barked: Thu Mar 28, '13 4:11pm PST 
I am trying to post in dog health and it says it is not g rated but I can not figure out what is stopping it from posting. I went through the guidelines and everything seems to fit..any help?
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Thu Mar 28, '13 6:51pm PST 
There must be some word that is drawing attention. Maybe just try a totally different wording & add "not really" or "please read this" to see.
[notify]
Kloppers

Barked: Fri Mar 29, '13 4:27am PST 
Thanks, I will try that. I thought it was the word NDAIDS but I changed those and any mention of a drug but still didn't work. I will keep trying because I would really like this seen.

Thanks again!
[notify]

Natcho

LabraDORK

Barked: Sat Mar 30, '13 10:44am PST 
Wristwatch? laugh out loud
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sat Mar 30, '13 6:34pm PST 
Wristwatch is a very normal and well used English word.

I imagine perhaps a little old fashioned for some... but not me.

I am also English.. and ENGLISH English and American English are two very different languages !
[notify]
Webster

Eternally in- love with- Katie...

Barked: Mon Apr 1, '13 4:20pm PST 
Insert a space or a hyphen between "wrist" and "watch" and your problem will be resolved. way to go

Edited by author Mon Apr 1, '13 4:23pm PST

[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Mon Apr 1, '13 7:59pm PST 
Well that just about takes it...

You mean a proper grammatical word was stopping it...........

If that is the case .. how idiotic !
[notify]
Webster

Barked: Thu Apr 4, '13 4:38pm PST 
There is an embedded profanity in the middle of "wrist-watch" (without the hyphen) that is triggering the warning. That ugly little bit is far from proper! confused
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Thu Apr 4, '13 9:34pm PST 
So.. do I have this right?

A perfectly grammatical English word suddenly is morphed into a profanity ??

Okkk .........

I guess I lost the plot somewhere Webbie !As I sure as heck dont understand at ALL.
[notify]
Webster

Barked: Thu Apr 4, '13 10:09pm PST 
Drop the first four letters and the last two letters, and what remains is a crude, vulgar term for a female anatomical feature, which is also used as a despicable derogatory epithet (especially in British English, per Wikipedia).

Defining and refining unacceptable terms in a software language filter is a daunting and virtually (no pun intended) impossible task. And the resultant effect on the user's experience can be measured in varying degrees of frustration. But in my opinion, it is far better to deal with the occasional glitch - which can dish up a bit of amusement at times - than to be dragged down into the filthy stinking morass of what passes for "communication" on so many other websites.

NOTE: for Plus Members, there is another forum on this topic, which you can find here:
Censoring....

Edited by author Thu Apr 4, '13 10:13pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2