GO!

Meet my Lazer :) A 10 week old German Shepherd Puppy

This forum is for Dogster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Dogster account, or require technical support, please contact Dogster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

Lazer

Smart Lazer

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '12 3:09am PST 
Hi, this is Lazer, He's a 10 week old almost 11 week old in 2 days hehe.. just want to know what is the normal weight of a 10 week old GSD puppy? Co'z I have a male german shepherd who weighs 27lbs for almost 11 weeks 2 days from now he will be 11 weeks old.
Just curious how big he can be coz, a lot of people tell us that he's gonna be a really big dog, he has big paws, not fat, but not skinny, just normal..

He's dad weighs 120 lbs and mom weighs 85lbs

Is there any idea what is his average weight should be and how big he could be when he reaches adult?
Just preparing hehe smile Thank you

I post this yesterday but I repost it again coz, now I make my puppy account to let you see how he looks like now smile, his picture was a week ago cat on moon)
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '12 8:24am PST 
Welcome Lazerwelcome What a good lookersmile I answered your question in the gsd forum, so will just say Hi & enjoy your handsome boydog walk
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '12 9:38am PST 
welcome Lazer!

I also answered your question in the GSD forum so just wanted to officially welcome you to Dogster.
[notify]

Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '12 3:48pm PST 
welcome to Dogster, Lazer!

You are a cutie and I think you will grow up to be pretty big.

xoxo
Annie
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '12 6:17pm PST 
welcome Lazer- Kai is an Akita but his parents were about the same size as yours and he is now at 2 and a half years,with still about 6 months of filling out to do,just over 28 inches at the shoulder and around 110-115 pounds. He goes in for a well doggie check soon and we will have to wait until then to get an accurate weight.Kai takes after his Dad,sounds to me like Lazer will,too. I say expect him to be in the 100+ pound range when done growing.hugwishes
[notify]
Buddy

Mr. Laid back

Barked: Tue Mar 6, '12 7:31am PST 
He is so cute! I am thinking he could get up to 100-120lbs. Buddy my German his mom was 80lbs and his dad was 90lbs but he weighs 101 @
8 1/2Yrs. big grin
Your gonna love him! party
[notify]
Lazer

Smart Lazer

Barked: Tue Mar 6, '12 8:18pm PST 
Wow, What a heart warming welcome big grin, an honor meeting all of youcloud 9
Hope to meet everyone one day smile I'll be updating my diary as long as i can to let you all know, what I do, and how big I can be when I grew up.. I hope I will be like my dad, I eat a lot now, there's always food in my container and my parents love me so much, they always care for me and my health, hope everyday I will grow bigger and bigger, so I can protect them and become stronger wink A pleasure to meet you.. hi5
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Mar 7, '12 11:49am PST 
Glad to hear he's doing so well in his new home puppy

One thing to keep in mind, make sure you're not overfeeding. A lean puppy is always better than a chubby puppy, and slow steady growth is better than fast growth. Excess weight is very hard on a growing German Shepherd's joints and can lead to problems down the road. Rapid growth can also cause problems.

Make sure you're feeding a high quality, large breed puppy food that isn't too high in calcium. Growing slowly will not affect his adult size and is actually better for him than rapid growth. I would be cautious with free feeding as many dogs get overweight that way.

This thread may be helpful:
Large Breed Puppy Nutrition
[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Wed Mar 7, '12 7:24pm PST 
cloud 9 He's beautiful cloud 9
[notify]