GO!

New to Doggester and dogs

This forum is for Dogster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Dogster account, or require technical support, please contact Dogster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

Tuna

"Small fish with- tons of fight"

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 12:07pm PST 
Hi I am new to Dogster, and dog ownership in general. As a quick back story, I have been desperately wanting a dog for years now, but my long time boyfriend and I decided it was best to wait until we were in a more stable time in our lives(i.e.; out of school, more financially capable and had the time to dedicate to dog ownership). About three weeks ago, he introduced me to a 5 month old puppy at the animal hospital he works at. Long story short he surprised me with her as a birthday gift, and now I have a puppy who I love love love. That being said, I am new at this and am totally lost.smile We are working on getting a trainer to come in and work with us but as a stated she has a broken leg among other issues from living on the street that need to be healed before we can really start training. In the meantime I don't want to form any bad habits( which I already have) and hoped to get some advice from other dog owners and experts such as yourselves. I was just wondering what would be the best forum for me to post under, though. Were would I get the most help for training and behavior ( but also tailored for her she is a jack russell mix) . I didn't know if I should post to which of these:
Jack Russell
Puppy
behavior and training
small dog
or one I may not have even considered.

Thank you all very much in advance.

Tunafish's Mom
[notify]
Tuna

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 12:23pm PST 
One more question why isn't there a little picture next to my name? Does anyone else see a picture or is it just a blank square for you all too?
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Fri Mar 2, '12 2:04pm PST 
welcome Tuna! You are very cute and I love your name puppy

The breed specific forums (like the Jack Russell forum) generally don't get much traffic. The Small Dog forum can also be a little slow.

I would post your questions in the Behavior & Training forum, lots of knowledgeable people there who will be able to help you. The Puppy Place forum is fairly busy but most of the people who really know training post most often in Behavior & Training, and several of them are terrier people too.

I can see your picture. Sometimes it's a little slow and you'll get that box but it usually sorts itself out eventually. Good luck with your pup! Hope her leg heals quickly.

Edited by author Fri Mar 2, '12 2:07pm PST

[notify]

Tuna

Barked: Sat Mar 3, '12 6:21am PST 
Thank you, thats kind of what i figured but glad to hear it confirmed. Thanks for the information and well wishes on her leg, she got her last pins out yesterday and seems to be totally fine nowsmile
[notify]
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Sat Mar 3, '12 4:10pm PST 
wavewave Hi Tuna! So wonderful to meet you! Pal request on its way...

hug Tuna's pawhug big grin
[notify]