GO!

Hello from Michigan!

This forum is for Dogster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Dogster account, or require technical support, please contact Dogster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

MusherChic

Sleddogin' It!

Barked: Fri Feb 24, '12 3:07pm PST 
Hey there! I'm new to the Dogster forums and although I'm a pretty active forum user, Dogster is quite different from what I'm used to. So bear with me as I learn to navigate this place. smile

I guess I should tell you a bit about myself. My name is Anna, I'm homeschooled (Junior) and I race sled dogs and ride horses.

I got into sled dogs about 6 years ago and I now have a kennel of 10 dogs (6 huskies, 1 GSD, 1 Aussie/mix, 1 Beagle, and 1 Black Lab). I race in the 4-dog sport or 5-dog class in sprint races all over Michigan (In fact, we'll be leaving early tomorrow morning for a race!).
I also do lots of bikejoring, canicross, and hiking with my dogs. I do lots of fun stuff with the sled dogs in the off season to keep them active.

About 11 years ago I started riding horses. I now have 1 horse, an 8yr old Arabian/Paint gelding named Buckshot. He is not yet trained to ride so right now I ride horses for other people.
I am a member of a horse club and together we barrel race, trail ride, and go on overnight camp outs in the summer and fall.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to "talking dog" with all of you! big grin

Edited by author Fri Feb 24, '12 3:35pm PST

[notify]
Ginger- M.I.A.

my first and- finest

Barked: Fri Feb 24, '12 7:24pm PST 
Awesome! Mushing is an under-represented sport here. I guess most of the mushers are out on the trails, not posting on the internet!

Welcome and I hope you enjoy the forums here, I'm definitely addicted. smile
[notify]
Luna Tuna Coyote

Luuuuuuna- Tuuuuuuna

Barked: Sat Feb 25, '12 3:33pm PST 
Greetings from another Husky owner smile I have 4 Siberians. I can't wait to move to another location which gets more snow. We barely got any this winter, and my pups aren't too happy about that! haha
[notify]

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sun Feb 26, '12 10:25pm PST 
welcome to Dogster!

No snow here but I've done some bikejoring with my adult dog.

Hope your race went well! Sounds like your dogs have fun, active lives smile
[notify]
MusherChic

Sleddogin' It!

Barked: Mon Feb 27, '12 9:52am PST 
Thanks for the 'welcomes'! big grin

Luna, I know what you mean by having no snow...we've barely had any this year either! We should have completed 7 races by now but we've only been able to run two--all the rest were cancelled.
[notify]