GO!

Ethical to make account despite no dog yet?

This forum is for Dogster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Dogster account, or require technical support, please contact Dogster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sun Nov 13, '11 11:59pm PST 
Welcome, Casey wave PPR on its way dog walk

I made Onyx's account when I put a deposit down with his breeder before his parents were even bred puppy

Edited by author Mon Nov 14, '11 12:00am PST

[notify]
Bruno CGC

Honorary Kelpie

Barked: Mon Nov 14, '11 6:18pm PST 
I'm a little late on the original question, but I think it's okay to do at the point you know EXACTLY what dog you're getting- they are yours, but just not with you yet. Like Onyx knowing that she would get a pup from that exact litter even before they were born.

I think it's cheating though, if you don't have a specific dog in mind. Stealing photos from other websites to make a profile of your imaginary dog is a BIG no-no.

Another option is to make a profile for a dog you know (like a friend's or family member's pooch) but is not yours, with their permission. After all, it is a real dog, and that's what Dogster requires- profiles are for real dogs only, it doesn't say it has to be YOUR dog, does it? I know there are active dogsters on these forums doing that sort of thing.
[notify]
Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Mon Nov 14, '11 9:02pm PST 
I have a profile for a dog I did not own on here (Mikey)... IIRC I asked people on the forums if they thought it was ok to do before I made his profile. I made it as a tribute to him because I really loved Mikey and felt like he was almost my dog (he stayed with me whenever his owners went out of town.)

I also kept the profiles for some of my foster dogs who I rescued as strays. I put the profile up when they were looking for homes to help find a home but I didn't delete it when they were adopted, if the new owner didn't want the page transferred to them I kept it up with "past foster dog" or "adopted" or something like that added.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2