GO!

Ethical to make account despite no dog yet?

This forum is for Dogster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Dogster account, or require technical support, please contact Dogster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Barked: Sat Nov 12, '11 1:56pm PST 
I've been posting regularly for the last six months, knowing that I would be getting a dog.

Now I know which exact dog I'm getting, but I won't officially be able to pick her up until January.

How frowned-upon is it to make an account now? (I do have photos and other useful info.)

-D
[notify]
Cookies 'n'- Creme- (1998-2011)

Heart of a lion,- soul of a lamb

Barked: Sat Nov 12, '11 3:03pm PST 
Not at all. Go ahead and make one. I've seen people make accounts for dogs they don't have yet before, no one says anything.
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Sat Nov 12, '11 7:43pm PST 
I think you should be ok to open an account. You have been waiting a long time & if you have pictures & a story to tell, why not. How exciting for you! can't wait to see your new pup-pupcheerhappy dance
[notify]

Luna

Future Service- Dog

Barked: Sat Nov 12, '11 8:09pm PST 
Here we go.

-D
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Nov 12, '11 8:38pm PST 
Welcome to Dogster. Sent PPR to Casey as well. Hope you and she enjoy it here. She's beautiful by the way!!!
[notify]
Luna

Future Service- Dog

Barked: Sat Nov 12, '11 9:03pm PST 
Thanks! But, um, what is/are PPR? thinking
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sun Nov 13, '11 7:44am PST 
Casey,
A PPR is a pup pal request.On your page you will see a bar that says "Make this dog a pal." That is for you to send a request to be pals to another dog. Any pup pal requests to your dog will be listed on your account page. You have the choice to accept or not and there is also an area provided for comments,before you accept. You do not have to comment. Hope you enjoy it here!
[notify]

Barked: Sun Nov 13, '11 8:53am PST 
I'm in the same boat Guest. I'm waiting on my Breeders Dam to have a Female. her last litter was a male and female but the Breeder was keeping that female for breeding purposes, and the litter before was all males. So I'm looking at spring now, but I might go with a different breeder. but like you I am excited and want to learn all I can about my future Yorkie. I'm not completely un-knowledgeable about Yorkies as my Grandmother bred Yorkies in England when I was a youngster. At least until I get my little Yorkie Girl, I can get my Yorkie fix here lol. loving the dogster community puppy
[notify]
Luna

Future Service- Dog

Barked: Sun Nov 13, '11 12:29pm PST 
Ah, I just didn't realize that was the abbreviation for it!

Guest, I hope "your" breeder has another littler available soon! Is she currently planning any litters in the near future?
[notify]
Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Sun Nov 13, '11 7:27pm PST 
I made a pet profile for my Maine Coon as soon as our deposit was confirmed with the breeder, although actually in that case it fell through and we ended up reserving a kitten with another breeder instead... Rather than deleting that and making a new profile, since I already had posted on the forums with that one I decided to keep the profile but change the birth date to match Roxy instead (and later change the name, when we ended up keeping the name the breeder gave her instead of the name we had planned.) So actually her profile says she was on Catster since before she was born.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2