GO!

insert pic in post

This forum is for Dogster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Dogster account, or require technical support, please contact Dogster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Sat Oct 22, '11 9:10am PST 
How do I insert a pic in a post. For instance there is a word "here" in blue and then when you put the cursor over it a pic appears. I have photobucket. Do you perhaps need to be a plus member for this?

Thanks!
[notify]
Webster

Eternally in- love with- Katie...

Barked: Sat Oct 22, '11 1:51pm PST 
Hi, Annie! wavewave

No, you don't need Plus membership to do that. All you need is the direct URL for the picture you want to display, and this handy link:

Dogster Forum Helper

Just go to that page, enter the pic's URL (which should be somewhere over which YOU have control, such as your own Photobucket album) and type in a name for the picture, then click on "Create Forum Code" and copy the code from the box to paste into your post. Easy! way to go

Just be sure to use a URL that leads directly to the image, not to a page containing the image... the URL should end with .JPG or .GIF or .PNG or other image format extension to indicate that it is a direct URL for the image alone.
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Sat Oct 22, '11 3:46pm PST 
Thanks Webster! dog
[notify]

Ellie

Did I hear- WALK?!?!

Barked: Mon Oct 24, '11 1:55pm PST 
I was having trouble with this too! So, thanks!

Edited by author Mon Oct 24, '11 1:57pm PST

[notify]
Ellie

Did I hear- WALK?!?!

Barked: Mon Oct 24, '11 2:05pm PST 
Thank You!
Hmmm, as you can see, at least on my computer, only a little red X shows up... It does that on the bottom of the Forum Helper thing too. Help! red face

Edited by author Mon Oct 24, '11 2:08pm PST

[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Mon Oct 24, '11 4:34pm PST 
Ellie... are you using this

Create A Link

If you are.. thats why the red X. As it tells you there.. it isnt for link Hover pics. Its for urls (like I made and put above).. or images for rosettes etc.

The link to make the Hover pics is as Webster put above.. this one..

jonradchenko Dogster Forum Helper

Edited by author Mon Oct 24, '11 4:38pm PST

[notify]
Ellie

Did I hear- WALK?!?!

Barked: Mon Oct 24, '11 4:46pm PST 
Thanks, but I was using the one Webster gave above... Do you think it's just the picture or something? It's .JPG
Or could it be that I'm not using Photobucket or anything, just saving a picture into my computer's "My Pictures" and using that URL?
Thanks smile
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Tue Oct 25, '11 8:37am PST 
yes Ellie. you do need something like photobucket. it can be a bit of a pain in the neck, but once you get the hang of it, it is pretty easy.smile

Edited by moderator Tue Oct 25, '11 1:58pm PST

Edited by forums moderator
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Tue Oct 25, '11 3:33pm PST 
Ellie... you cant just link from your own computer.

All of the popular file formats work fine. JPG,BMP,PNG,GIF etc

As Sqe'mey said above... you need a Photobucket acc.

PHOTOBUCKET

They are FREE and easy to use. You upload your photo from your computer to Photobucket and when its uploaded there... you copy the DIRECT URL they give you... THEN you can insert that url in the site we gave you.. and you can get the codes to put in here.

hug

Edited by author Tue Oct 25, '11 3:35pm PST

[notify]
Ellie

Did I hear- WALK?!?!

Barked: Wed Oct 26, '11 1:07pm PST 
Yay! Thanks for helping clueless me. hail smile
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2