GO!

I have a dogster picture question please?

This forum is for Dogster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Dogster account, or require technical support, please contact Dogster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

Adam

Vaccine free- -Disease free- goes pawinpaw

Barked: Fri Sep 30, '11 8:03pm PST 
Are we allowed to post a picture of a nondog? Like this one of dogster treat box
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=dogster+frozen&hl=en&biw=1174&bih=5 64&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=REQyfu3XhWkfhM:&imgrefurl=http://www.mypiggy wiggy.com/10-craziest-frozen-meals&docid=V5HHqvdJBlRgJM&w=450&h=549& ei=oIKGTtfDDIno0QGkiNHaDw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=84&vpy=195&dur=2416&hov h=248&hovw=203&tx=141&ty=168&page=1&tbnh=111&tbnw=95&start=0&ndsp=21 &ved=1t:429,r:7,s:0

And have that be our profile picture?
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Fri Sep 30, '11 11:29pm PST 
Cant even make that url work with all the spaces taken out ! So cant comment on it as I dont know what it is.

BUT....

... generally the profile pic has to be of the dog/cat. There is a little slack cut (rightly) and sometimes folk will post a non dog/cat pic.. for a short time and a specific reason and that is fine.. no one minds.

IF however... the pic were "inappropriate" or a blatant advertisement then it sets itself up to be reported to HQ.

Edited by author Fri Sep 30, '11 11:30pm PST

[notify]
Adam

Barked: Sat Oct 1, '11 10:14am PST 
Thanks Flicka. Sorry about that link it had looked much shorter when I copied it I thoughtred face

It was of an ice cream brand for dogs happened to called "dogster" but maybe that would be seen as advertising and not a dog anyway.

So sorry I'm just double checking, the dog in the profile picture HAS to be your own?

I tried to contact dogster HQ about this but I got a returned email says not found even though it's the email they gave me to reply to.

Edited by moderator Tue Oct 4, '11 4:27pm PST

Edited by forums moderator

Samuel Jacob- (4/1/97-4/4/- 08)

We had seasons- in the sun......

Barked: Sat Oct 1, '11 11:34am PST 
Adam, I don't think the email called you a troll, I think it said you were discussing "trolls" in your post and that's why it was bathed. smile

As Flicka said, you can post photos of things temporarily that are not of your dog, but it should be your own photograph, not one taken from the internet. There are copyright infringements to consider, also.wink

Did you email dogster@dogster.com?

Edited by author Sat Oct 1, '11 11:40am PST

Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Sat Oct 1, '11 6:21pm PST 
Adam...here are the rules for your page from the community guidelines
"Pet Pages
Please note that Sitewide Community Guidelines are still in effect.

Since they're so special, we believe every dog or cat deserves to have their own page. The primary photo on your Pet Page must be of your pet and no more than 25% of your pet page should be about things other than your pet.

Dogster is for dogs. Catster is for cats. Please do not post your other animals, stuffed animals, cars, etc. on either site!

You may have one secondary photo that is not of your dog/cat. The picture can be of one of your other pets (even a bird, horse, or other non-dog/cat pet), a location such as a favorite dog park, or a human member of the family. It is helpful to add info in one of the Bio fields that explains the one picture that is not of your dog/cat. "
[notify]
Adam

Barked: Sat Oct 1, '11 7:29pm PST 
Thanks Samuel and Squ'mey. Ugh I hadn't read that right the first time I saw the one picture of another different from your dog before but not as main.naughty

I had emailed forums@dogster.com (that was one given) thank you for the correct one Samuel!

Trolls- they are a concern on every dog forum or group I'm a member of. I'm glad I wasn't called one.
[notify]
Samuel Jacob- (4/1/97-4/4/- 08)

We had seasons- in the sun......

Barked: Sun Oct 2, '11 6:42am PST 
Next time, Adam, contact a forums moderator by pawmail rather than discussing it in the forums. It is against Dogster community guidelines to discuss any bathed posts or moderation IN the forums. But you are welcome to ask by pawmail.

You know that I'm a moderator and there are several around, so just pop us a note and we'll be glad to let you know what is happening. And as always, everyone, have fun and be respectful of one another. That doesn't mean you have to agree.wink
Adam

Barked: Sun Oct 2, '11 9:03am PST 
Thanks!wave Sorry again.
[notify]