GO!

Need a Mod? The Moderators Thread!

This forum is for Dogster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Dogster account, or require technical support, please contact Dogster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Eponine

Love- unconditionally.

Barked: Mon Jan 3, '11 1:58pm PST 
In the interest of making mods easier to find, especially for our new users who perhaps haven't read much of the forums yet, I'm creating this thread to introduce our Dogster moderators and tell you all a little about how we can help you! big grin

Who We Are:
Dogster Forum Moderators are users just like you who are dedicated to the Spirit of Dogster and committed to helping the site stay fun and friendly for everyone. We act as mediators between users, and if necessary as laisons to HQ if something sticky is going on that needs bigger action. We also keep forums squeaky clean by editing out spam/troll postings and any content that is inappropriate or breaks the rules.

What We Do and How We Can Help You:
Moderators are here to help! We are sometimes slower than others depending on what's going on in the non-internet world but we do go over every flagged post for inappropriate content, and deal with each one accordingly. If you are experiencing an issue with something said on the forums, flag it! We'll be able to see the flag and will take action from there. If the problem persists, or you have a question or concern, pm a mod! We're happy to field questions and will do the best we can to respond-- if we don't know we'll direct you to someone who does. Also pm a mod if you're experiencing a problem with another user and you'd like help mediating it. We want Dogster to be friendly and fun for everybody, and we'll do our best to help.

What We Do Not Do:
The mods are social helpers whose jurisdiction ends with the Dogster community and forums. We aren't part of the HQ team and most of us don't have much tech know-how. If there's a bug, the best thing to do is report it with the trouble ticket system.
We also don't make executive decisions about the site, so praise or concerns with things like layout or site content should also be directed to HQ.

So How Do I Contact a Mod?
You will find our moderators right here in this thread! Any of the Dogsters who are identified as mods in the posts below are happy to help you if you have a question or concern.
Eponine

Love- unconditionally.

Barked: Mon Jan 3, '11 2:02pm PST 
I'll start!

I'm Eponine (you can call me Eppy). I live in the UK at the time of this posting, so if you contact me from a different time zone, you might not see an answer right away, but I am always happy to help so do not let that stop you from sending me a message if you need a hand!
Duncan

Because I'm- Duncan, that's- why

Barked: Mon Jan 3, '11 4:23pm PST 
wave

Hi y'all, I usually post as my beagle Duncan, my fur family also includes my soulmate Chachi, perennial puppy Sally, and a constant stream of foster dogs.wink

The Dogster Forums can be "hairy" (BOL) but the Mods are always here to help you!! I am very happy to help with any questions, so please feel free to paw-mail me directly! blue dog

Riley

Too smart for my- own good!

Barked: Mon Jan 3, '11 5:33pm PST 
Riley and Raven checking in, although Riley is much more the moderator in this family. wink

Another thing mods DO NOT do- we have nothing to do with individual pup's pages or accounts, all of that is dealt with by HQ.

I am a looooonnngggg time Dogster member (5+ years) so I don't post as much as I used to but believe deeply in protecting the Dogster community and keeping things Fun, Friendly and Informative! Feel free to pmail me if you need anything. wave
Rudy Patudy

☺Me woofs yoo- Dogsta am- Ebewypups !♥

Barked: Mon Jan 3, '11 7:12pm PST 
waveHewwo Ebby , gweats ibea am pofescloud 9

wave Hewwo Dumcams am Wiwey cloud 9

cheercheerMe wuffs ebewy Dogsta Mobs!cheercheer
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Mon Jan 3, '11 8:14pm PST 
I think this is a great post too. The only mod I knew was Eppy.wave
[notify]
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Tue Jan 4, '11 7:21am PST 
cheercheercheercheer Hello Super Duper Modscheercheercheer

Heh? Is Rondo still a mod as well??
[notify]
Eponine

Love- unconditionally.

Barked: Tue Jan 4, '11 8:15am PST 
River, Rondo is still a mod, and we've got some others who should be in soon, but not everyone's home from vacation yet so it'll probably take a while for everyone to see it and come in to post. big grin

Edited by author Tue Jan 4, '11 8:16am PST

Lilith

I'm a trilingual- dog!

Barked: Tue Jan 4, '11 11:34am PST 
What about Kiona? smile
[notify]
Shane DEC- '08-JAN '12- RIP

In dreams I walk- with you..

Barked: Tue Jan 4, '11 2:18pm PST 
And Cracker? smile
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)