GO!

Great New Changes Coming to Dogster!

This forum is for Dogster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Dogster account, or require technical support, please contact Dogster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Dogster HQ

Barked: Tue Feb 16, '10 9:51am PST 
Dogster and Catster just celebrated our 6-year anniversary as a company and an online community, and we could not be more grateful and proud of what we have all done together. For those of you that have been with us for a while, we extend our deepest thanks. And to everyone from long-time members to brand new members, get ready for some exciting changes ahead!

Here at Dogster/Catster HQ, we've been spending a lot of time lately looking for ways to improve the experience for all types of users. We have been doing a lot of research into who exactly our audience is. It's become clear that our users are really divided into two big groups:

- We have our amazing, active, passionate members like all of you - who come to the sites regularly and make our community features like Groups and Forums great. You like to hang out, have fun, make friends, and support great causes.

- Then there is also a large group of information seekers, coming mainly from search engines, who arrive with a specific (and sometimes urgent) question they need answered, then they leave until their next question arises.

We are currently working on a big initiative with the goal of making sure that both types of users get what they need on our site, and have a great experience while they are here.

We are shooting to launch these changes in a few months. So far, the project involves:

- Changes to the organization and navigation of the site's content and features
- Revamping the home page
- Adding some new topic-focused pages and content

Rest assured that none of our core community features will change - the functionality of our Forums, Groups, Answers, and pet pages will remain as is.

We welcome any thoughts or ideas you have - please add comments and ideas below, or post in the New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks Forums or the Plus Experts & Help Corner (Plus members only).

We will continue to keep you updated as more specifics of the changes develop - we will include regular updates in the new monthly Community Newsletters, in the site updates, and in Forums listed above.

Much Woof!

puppy HQ
king

king loves- everybody

Barked: Tue Feb 16, '10 4:26pm PST 
are you going to put the im back on here againwave
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Tue Feb 16, '10 4:46pm PST 
I have no suggestions for the moment, since I already think dogster is awesomebig grin As a matter of fact, I am so spoiled with dogster that I find other sites hard to navigate and confusingeek Keep up the good work HQ!
[notify]

Rudy Patudy

☺Me woofs yoo- Dogsta am- Ebewypups !♥

Barked: Tue Feb 16, '10 8:50pm PST 
cheercheerGweats mews HeabsQuaddahscheercheer

smile Me habs fome ibeasred facesmile

smile HeabsQuaddahs mebbe yoo couwds pways wiffs uffs pups heah fimawar wikes yoo do om Fwacebookssmile

smileWikes offahs Zeawies heah fow beffs capfioms ..am gueffs da pups fize ..paws oms comfests wikes yoo offahs om Fwacebooks red facesmile

smileMebbe weds da Dogsta pup emgage am acfuawwy pway wiffs uffs fomefimes heah, we be dewighted .smile

red face Im udder bawks pwease fowgeds Fwacebooks am pways da pawfomes games heah am comcemfwates om Dogsta , heahs we be , we fuwwpowts, we be woyal am we weawwy wuffs Dogsta red face

hug Me woofs yoo HeabsQuaddahs am Ebewypupshug
[notify]
Kasper

Witam!

Barked: Tue Feb 16, '10 9:46pm PST 
Will the search feature on the forum ever be...useful? One needs to be able to narrow the search in some way. I cannot get to anything as it is now! please? puppy
[notify]
Natcho

LabraDORK

Barked: Wed Feb 17, '10 9:21am PST 
We can't seem to post on the one you made on the Plus Info one!

But yay,can't wait!dancing
[notify]
Marlowe, RN,- CGC

Seize life by- the big stick!

Barked: Wed Feb 17, '10 10:33am PST 
Ditto on the search function. At least let us search the forums by individual topic. If you're looking for information about chicken for raw feeding, it really stinks to get every reference to chicken in Puppy Place. wink
[notify]
Sandy(In- Loving- Memory)

Jan 1997- May- 2010♥-

Barked: Wed Feb 17, '10 2:02pm PST 
I think you should add something to the IM where you can multi-convo.
So for example:
If I am IM'ing my pal and another one of my pals are online I can be able to add them into the conversation but only if my other pal(who I was speaking to first) has them as a pal too.
Could you also add more picture spaces for Dogster Plus Members?
That's all I can think of for now.dancing
ETA: Maybe make a feature where you can update you dogs own status (whether thats for Plus only is your choice)

Edited by author Wed Feb 17, '10 2:03pm PST

[notify]
Princess

feed me

Barked: Wed Feb 17, '10 4:41pm PST 
hi i just want the im to come back on here again does any know where the new im is comeing back on here againwave
[notify]
Howard

Tail Waggin'- Mutt

Barked: Wed Feb 17, '10 6:41pm PST 
Hi, Dogster! I want the IM to come back on here, also maybe, you can bring some other games on here, to.

I want to know when the Dogster service errors, Dogster dog's pages not coming up, and when Dogster quits working on me, is going to stop. When I click on a page, then sometimes it will go to just a blue background.

Dogster is the best dog site ever! But, I want all the problems to quit.

Thanks!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7