GO!

How to Speak Dogster... BOL and more!

This forum is for Dogster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Dogster account, or require technical support, please contact Dogster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

(Page 6 of 20: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  
Logan- ♥

You say spoiled- like it's a bad- thing.

Barked: Wed Aug 30, '06 8:37pm PST 
I just found out something else!!!

When you give a dog a bone, click the leave a bone link and open the window, you don't have to keep clicking that link to give more bones. As long as the "bone" window is open, you can hit F5 as many times as you want...it'll really load up their bones fast! I tested it with mine and Logan went from 1 to 50 bones in a matter of seconds.... Wish I'd known that ages ago!!
[notify]
Kitai

Chia Kitai!

Barked: Thu Aug 31, '06 12:13am PST 
Thanks for the bone tip Logan! I added it onto the list, just one note, this method only works for PC not Macs :o(

P.S. Thanks for the rosette! I luv rosettes big grin
[notify]
Kitai

Chia Kitai!

Barked: Sun Sep 3, '06 2:54pm PST 
Here's another I'll edit into the main list later...

GSD = German Shepherd Dog

Edited to add: Why wait? The main list is updated from both the Tips and Tricks thread and this one puppy

Edited by author Sun Sep 3, '06 3:03pm PST

[notify]

Cobi

I drive my mom- crazy !

Barked: Sun Sep 3, '06 5:08pm PST 
hey this post is so helpful! - what does it mean when you are corralled??? [not sure of the spelling?]
[notify]
Alex

It's hard to be- this cute...

Barked: Mon Sep 4, '06 7:47am PST 
omd! thats coolio!
[notify]
Annabelle

I Hope You- Dance....

Barked: Tue Sep 5, '06 11:58am PST 
Hi Cobi! Being corraled is when another doggie corrals you on their page so they can view you anytime they want. When we send a pal request, we also corral and send bones, too! Although Headquarters (HQ) is working on it, sometimes previous pal requests don't show up, so you may send duplicate pal requests. Corraling is a way to know if you have also requested being pals. It's also a way to corral your favorite pals, so you can go back & view their pages, or give them bones, or if you have Plus, you can give rosettes.

I would also like to add for all new pups: If you get a pal request, but don't for some family members, don't get upset. The feature doesn't send a request for the whole family. For any members "left out", just send another request.

Example: You send a pal request to me, I accept. Well, this is for me only, not Rex or Ren. You have to send an individual request to each of us. I hope this makes sense. Same as if I send a request to "Riley" and he has a sister Kiska, and a sister Jane. I need to send each one an individual request to make it work for the whole family.

Rosettes (a blue ribbon you can send w/text, honoring friends, ill, new, impressive, honorable, etc... doggies) and more picture capability are a couple extra features when you subscribe to Dogster Plus.

Sorry this is so long but hope it helps!

♥ , Annabelle, Rex & Ren

Edited by author Tue Sep 5, '06 11:59am PST

[notify]
Kitai

Chia Kitai!

Barked: Wed Sep 6, '06 1:57pm PST 
NPC = Naughty Pups Club
[notify]
Buddy "Sweet- Angel"

Please- Opt to- Adopt

Barked: Wed Sep 6, '06 5:34pm PST 
Well, we are new here and this has certainly helped us! Thank you all!

Edited by author Wed Sep 6, '06 5:34pm PST

[notify]
Kitai

Chia Kitai!

Barked: Wed Sep 6, '06 6:48pm PST 
Akimi just asked what a Bully stick is! BOL!

Bully Stick = dried bull penis used for chewing. Similar to pigs ears.
[notify]
Kitai

Chia Kitai!

Barked: Fri Sep 8, '06 11:11am PST 
Here is a great tip for pups who don't have plus...

If you want to create line breaks in your Bio so that you have sections or paragraphs... copy and paste this line... Exactly this long _________________________________ where you want the paragraph to break.. Be sure to add one blank space in front of it and at the end of it and it will create a perfect line break like on my page... go look puppy

It's cool! Even though I have plus now so I could use the extra bio fields I've left mine the way I first did it cause it's cooler... Ok cause I'm too lazy to change it I'll admit it puppy
[notify]
  (Page 6 of 20: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20