GO!

Dogster is S l o w

This forum is for Dogster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Dogster account, or require technical support, please contact Dogster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Meridian

Proud to be a- kitchen wolf!!!

Barked: Wed Jun 29, '05 1:58pm PST 
I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing problems with the amount of time it takes Dogster pages to load. We have DSL and don't have problems with any other sites, but Dogster loads so slow I get frustrated while trying to use it. I love Dogster so if anyone knows anything, please pass along the info! Is this a temporary problem? is it my computer? I'm thinking maybe Dogster is so popular that all us dogs are overloading the server with all our woofing and barking!
[notify]
Bubba

Bubba - Call me- Bossdog.

Barked: Wed Jun 29, '05 2:29pm PST 
The forums wouldn't load for us this morning, but I'm assuming from what HQ said a week or so ago, that they were going to be adding more features. Anytime that's done, everything slows down and sometimes stops completely..

I took the time to go outside and weed the garden.. Sure was glad when forums opened back up.. gardening is hard WORK! *LOL
[notify]
Echo

Born to lick!

Barked: Wed Jun 29, '05 2:33pm PST 
We have that problem. It takes a long time for any dogster webpage to load. Mom and dad do other things while they wait, but it is frustrating.
[notify]

Raven...In memory 1998 - 2005

Taken to soon

Barked: Wed Jun 29, '05 2:57pm PST 
Same here...it's taking forever to load anything and then this morning I was getting "cannot find server" .
I also went gardening while I was waiting ..... and youré right, it's much harder to garden than it is to play with Dogster.
[notify]
Meridian

Proud to be a- kitchen wolf!!!

Barked: Wed Jun 29, '05 3:25pm PST 
My garden needs attention, too! Thanx for the responses, I guess it's nice to know it's not just me. Hopefully the situation improves, until then, I'll have to keep a book by the computer. Well, I think I'll go weed the garden now!
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Barked: Wed Jun 29, '05 3:35pm PST 
love the site h8 the waiting mom just puts on other sites 4 me to play on while i wait
[notify]
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Wed Jun 29, '05 5:30pm PST 
Yes... I've bee noticing that it goes off and on for a while now... I think especially since the forums popped up, people have been using the site a lot more which sort of slows down everything...

Ah well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe they will update their server soon. I just hope it doesn't discourage people from using this cool site. smile
[notify]
Dogster HQ

Barked: Wed Jun 29, '05 5:42pm PST 
Yeah, who makes this thing. Don't they know doggies don't like molasses ;>

Seriously we are doing all we can. The recent publicity has doubled our usage sooner than we expected. We've made a bunch of tweaks that should improve performance, but they are really only band-aids. The good news is we will be overhauling our entire serving architecture. The bad news is it won't happen overnight. If you can manage to stick with us we promise we'll have a site as fast as Amazon but it'll be just for us doggies!

Many woofs
Taz - In Loving- Memory

For Little- Bit - DIE CANCER DIE-

Barked: Wed Jun 29, '05 7:34pm PST 
We'll stick with you HQ! We understand!
[notify]
Raven...In memory 1998 - 2005

Taken to soon

Barked: Wed Jun 29, '05 10:25pm PST 
Like Taz say's HQ....we love the site, so we can be patient......all good things take time to perfect.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3