GO!

Now Barking DogsterPlus

This forum is for Dogster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Dogster account, or require technical support, please contact Dogster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Dogster HQ

Barked: Thu Jun 16, '05 3:56pm PST 
Woof woof! We have some really big news. It may not be for everyone, but we're really excited about it. If you have ever wanted to add more than 10 pictures, add captions to your photos or decorate your page you'll want to know about DogsterPlus. DogsterPlus is a cost feature, but it's only $19.95 for an entire year, $3.50 for a month and IT'S ENTIRELY FREE FOR FOR A SEVEN DAY TRIAL PERIOD. Read the entire list of features!

You can read, more about it In our Site Updates, read our DogsterPlus FAQ or go ahead and join now.

While we are offering these new features at a cost, all our existing features will remain free and we will continue to be releasing free features all the time. Our community includes everyone, so though we can really use the help of members subscribing, we'll keep doing exactly what we've been doing and will love it all the time.

Let us know what you think? Our goal is to get this perfect for everyone and we'll keep at it until we get it there!

Woofs and smelly socks for everyone!
Kaltag "Kallie"

Mushing in the- SNOW!!!!!

Barked: Thu Jun 16, '05 4:59pm PST 
Is it possible to be able to subscribe by snail mail rather than paypal?
[notify]
Herbie

Can't hold my- licker

Barked: Thu Jun 16, '05 9:44pm PST 
How cool is this!
Mom just built a scrapbook website - and has gotten the album bug - She's really going to have fun with this one! Thanks Dogster!
[notify]

Xena *Warrior Princess*

The Lone Wolf.

Barked: Thu Jun 16, '05 11:01pm PST 
Just wondered Dogster, how would that work fur me....Mom only has a Metro card fae the bank of Scotland!!!!
Would that be fur "Sterling" too or is it just "Dollars".....Please help...
[notify]
Duke

Got Bones?

Barked: Fri Jun 17, '05 3:22am PST 
Wow I think $20 a year is a bit too much.

- a special forum? That just means your questions will not receive the response of all the other dogsters. Those who are truly knowledgeable will not PAY a website so they can write advice that they were offering for FREE in the past. Think about that.

-Considering the dogsters contribute >99% of the site's content, the idea of a "premium" charge is crazy. We are the ones that advise, support, and chat with each other. There are no formal moderators that highlight good/bad posts. The posts of dogster HQ pale in comparision to even the average user. The advice columns are short and infrequent, and cannot answer many of the requests of the site users. Those questions are answered by other dogsters, many are as qualified as the columnists.

- more photos? you can get FREE storage from countless places online - what a silly idea. Just add the text of the link. Unlimited storage is that easy

- more bio space? You can just press enter twice and start a new paragraph and write

"Best Friends:"
like that.

- greater web traffic leads to greater ad rates. I don't think this idea will fly once the users figure all of this out- but that's only my opinion.
[notify]
Xena *Warrior Princess*

The Lone Wolf.

Barked: Fri Jun 17, '05 5:58am PST 
Awwwww, come on now Duke, Dogster is just barkin' fur help.
Where i can sniff yer point, an' yep eveydog has an opinion, dontcha fink that was just a wee bit harsh. There are nicer ways of barkin' yer opinion ye know...
[notify]
Taz - In Loving- Memory

For Little- Bit - DIE CANCER DIE-

Barked: Fri Jun 17, '05 7:37am PST 
Personally, I think it was a great idea! It's only $1.66/month. It's just FUN and more ways to share doggies! And they still offer everything free to those that don't want the extras! Those that do want the extras can help Dogster provide more stuff for all of us. I think it's GREAT! IMHO...Woof!
[notify]
Xena *Warrior Princess*

The Lone Wolf.

Barked: Fri Jun 17, '05 8:18am PST 
Barkie Bark Taz.....I LURV the idea, i just hope i can get it too..
I WANT IT.......... I WANT IT..........I WANT IT !!!!
[notify]
Xena *Warrior Princess*

The Lone Wolf.

Barked: Fri Jun 17, '05 8:26am PST 
Dogster no need tae reply tae ma question, i had a wee look at this pay pal finggy..YIPPEEEEEE
I'm gonna get it, whoo hoo, what a brilliant fing tae do. I feel that i can give Dogster back somefing fur aw the happiness i have on this tiggerific site.........

Oh if i got pay pal does that mean i can shop on Dogster too????
[notify]
Dogster HQ

Barked: Fri Jun 17, '05 9:41am PST 
Hi Duke,

No need to fear. the general Dogster and Catster sites will always be our primary focus. DogsterPlus and CatsterPlus are an extra side feature for those that want. We do this for all our users and they have many different interests and wants. We realize some incredibly deep pocketed companies can offer storage for free, but we're just a 3 person team. We shun funding because we want this to last not burn out, and trust me, quality advertising dollars are very hard to come by.

But that is boring business talk. How about talking about the good stuff.

Next week we will be breaking ground on a whole new set of 100% community features that will include, Dogster Groups, where users can join and form groups about any topic they want (A Dogster version of Yahoo's groups), we're going to overhaul the Friends and Corral features so they can be much more rebust, layered and highly searchable and trackable. We'll be offering users easier and more fun way to leave messages and treats and we'll be setting up tracking so you can get easy notifications when your friends write new diaries, leave you messages, leave you treats and they will know about yours.

Even these forums that we are using now were 100% written by hand by us (they luanched just a couple weeks before you joined). Like every other feature we add we offer a basic set at first and only after people show they really want them do we expand them (that's a method that allows us to not waste time and allow us to produce as much as 3 people can possibly make). They've been a big success and we've got a great list of additions that will be live soon, including editing and preview, and moderators. Since we build EVERYTHING from the grond up as the site grows closer and closer to the virtual dog park we'll have the ability integrate anything exactly how the community wants it. Everything is a giant work in progress.

So no fear. I see you're coming up at your first month at Dogster. I think you'll soon see we do things differently around here, we really care about how special Dogster and Catster are and we're going to do all we can to keep that magic barking bright no matter what happens.

Of course you can continue to disagree, that's what makes forums so cool. We will, however, just keep doing what we're doing. Time will be the proof of what happens and even when I work 16 hour days I can't make that go any slower, so we'll all know soon enough!

Many many woofs!
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5