GO!

What Do You Eat?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
★ Faith- ★

Down with Bill- 132(Ontario Pit- Bull Ban)

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '07 5:07pm PST 
I'm just curious what you all are eating. I have had a struggling finding the "perfect" food for me. We have been through various brands and formulas when it comes to food and every time we think we have found "the one" it turns out not to be so.

After much research (we're talking about 6 months) Mommy has decided to try me and my sisters on an all raw diet. I've been on it for almost a month now and all my allergies and tummy and *ahem* bowl *ahem* problems seem to be solved. And there's nothing like a big meaty bone! YUMM!!

Ok bullies, what are you all eating?
[notify]
schnooopy

the lil nutta

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '08 12:03pm PST 
i was soooo fussy about food wen i was a puppy my mum had a nitemare with me!!! but she fed me a franchise dried food for about 5 years and then decided it was a bit of a rip off when she worked for an animal food company and saw waht went into their stuff she started to feed me that and i am fine with it the main thing to remember is to gradually add just a little to my usual diet when you change any foods or i get very bad tum frown but if done gradually im fine. Now im on dry food which has chunks of chicken in it also has no wheat or maize and mum spoils me and adds a tiny bit of tinned dog food to it to make it more tasty for mebig grin
[notify]
Clay R.I.P.- my handsome- boy!!

my mom hasn't- seen anything- yet!

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '08 12:56pm PST 
The boys eat Wellness. We tried raw and it just got to be crazy trying to find all the right things for each of them.
oldmotherhubbard.com
[notify]

Joey

50% Rugged Farm- Dog 50% Couch- Pooch

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '08 8:36pm PST 
I'm eating Beneful, Dog Chow, and the whole line of corn-based Purina dog foods. I have a bowel problem, so my kibble must be corn-based, otherwise I cannot digest it at all. The vets have not found anything, so we suspect IBS. We tried the raw diet but I almost died because of a huge bacterial infection. I'm so glad it works for you though!

I also learned that where Pitties originated from had a lot of corn. When they were being bred for their specific jobs such as guarding and fighting- they ate a corn-based diet. I thought that was interesting... maybe it has something to do with me tolerating Beneful.

Nutrition is very important, but enjoying my life is even better! So even though I eat Beneful, I'll still probably live a long and healthy life. It just depends upon the individual dog.

puppy
[notify]
Bailey

Barked: Mon Mar 17, '08 5:14pm PST 
Bailey switches every 2 bags between Iams large breed adult (although they just reformulated so I will have to re-read the package), and Purina One (large breed adult, or lamb and rice for adult dog).
[notify]
Gemini- Sureshot- Tedi- Ballgame

Barked: Sun Apr 20, '08 6:39am PST 
ever since I was weaned I have been on an all raw diet.
I have never head kibble except when training my mom will use kibble with other treats.

I LOVE RAW.
[notify]
Gemini- Sureshot- Tedi- Ballgame

Barked: Sun Apr 20, '08 6:41am PST 
ever since I was weaned I have been on an all raw diet.
I have never head kibble except when training my mom will use kibble with other treats.

I LOVE RAW.
[notify]
Sasha Nicole

Extremely- Excitable and- Loving

Barked: Mon Apr 28, '08 3:59pm PST 
When I was a puppy I ate purina puppy chow until it made me very sick. Mommy was going to put me on a raw diet after I got sick,but I wouldn`t eat none of it. It was really a problem for us what I was going to eat until I fount my sissy Abby`s dog chow and decided to eat the whole bowl. Haven`t had a problem with it making me sick even though the smell of it has gotten worser.
[notify]
Angel Lou

Everybody wants- to be a...DOG!- not a CAT

Barked: Tue Jul 22, '08 5:09pm PST 
wave Hi,

My mommy adopted me from an animal shelter, and they fed me Purina Dog Chow. But then I started to loose all of my wonderful hair, and developed allergies. So the vet recommended an all natural diet. I was on Canidae for 2 weeks but that food was really exspensive so my mom changed my to Maxium it is an all natural food...and she changed my treats to Grandpaws Peanut Butter Cookies, and every since then my allergies have gotten better and my hair is coming back..I also take benedrill twice daily..dog

Hope this helps!!way to go
[notify]
Zuma

I May Look- Scary, Just Get- To know me.

Barked: Fri Jun 26, '09 9:51am PST 
I Eat, "Solid Gold Barking At The Moon" And raw eggs, And "Whole Foods, Wet Food" way to go
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2