GO!

Harness Help

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Hershey

Frisbees, sticks- and leaves oh- my!

Barked: Sun May 18, '14 6:09am PST 
bumpdog walk
[notify]

Barked: Tue Jul 8, '14 3:45am PST 
You might also just get a light collar without tags for use just when in class.

---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------
My's name Phuc. I love ve may bay & ve may bay gia re
[notify]
Jasper

Older is Wiser

Barked: Sat Nov 1, '14 8:05am PST 
I walk Jasper on a PetSafe Easy Walk Black & Silver Dog Harness. For Max, I use the Four Paws Pink Comfort Control Dog Harness. Sweetie is walked on the PetSafe Easy Walk Raspberry & Gray Dog Harness. I would NEVER recommend walking any dog off leash, EVER! All three of the harnesses I use on my dogs are very strong and can withstand pulling, but actually stop it. I would never recommend using a slip collar on any dog. I would go with either the PetSafe of the Four Paws harness for your dog. Jasper hunts Chukar in his harness! Max hunts pheasant in his.
[notify]

Beowulf

Not as brave as- his namesake

Barked: Sat Nov 8, '14 5:22pm PST 
Jasper, you really didn't pay attention to the question and the details I gave. The Easywalk harness has already been ruled out for previously stated reasons and it restricts his shoulder movement that even correctly fitted his gait was significantly affected (our behaviorist, trainer, and vet are seeing more and more problems with gait being affected and dogs developing shoulder problems). So it's a big fat no-no for him. We did end up using a flat collar in agility and using a martingale from everywhere else (both are lupine collars).

Update for the harness (long I'm sorry):

The Ruffwear harness has worked amazing! He gets so excited when I pull it out because he knows it means adventure. It allows him to pull comfortably, but not to the point it is too much for me to handle. It also helps we've been working on trail commands such as "in front," "on-by," "return," and "halt." Since I'm horribly paranoid I hook his line not only to the harness but also a 4in. safety line that hooks to his collar too, but then again I'm paranoid. After extensive use in the last 7 months it still looks brand-new. I haven't seen any of the problems Ember mentioned either, thankfully - although I am still keeping my eyes out for them.

The handle deserves its own paragraph. That handle is amazing and has been a god-sent thing. One time on the trail he saw a chipmunk and went nuts. I picked him completely up off the ground and walked way until he lost interest. This is only one example, but I've also added it into his trail training so that he will come to me when I call "return," turn and stand with his back to me to let me get a good grip on the handle.

All in all, it has served it's purposed as our "adventure" harness, and I recommend it! way to go
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2