GO!

Jawz Frisbee

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

Mozart

I am Fearless

Barked: Sat Feb 15, '14 8:53am PST 
I am looking to get Mozart a new Frisbee he loves them. And I want to get the hyperflite brand because it gets such good reviews. But I'm wondering what type would be best for him? He is use to a soft Frisbee. Does anyone have experience with this brand? Also he needs to be able to tug with it I use that as a reward. I was looking at the jaws hyperflex or the soft flite pup disc. Which would be better? They are more expensive so I don't want to get the wrong one.
[notify]
Maggie,- Tika, &- Porter

Aussie-tastic- Trio

Barked: Sat Feb 15, '14 11:56am PST 
I have actually had the pleasure to play with the whole variety of discs from Hyperflite and I am absolutely sold on Jawz Hyperflex. If I had a hard mouth catcher for my main dog I would only have these as they are awfully durable, but still fly very nice. The SofLifte discs are great as well, but if your dog is a real tugger or a serious grabber than they may not last as long.

I actually use the regular Jawz Pups with my 30 pound Aussie (who is semi retired anymore), so I would think the Jawz Hyperflex Pups would be very suitable for you guys.
[notify]
Mozart

I am Fearless

Barked: Sat Feb 15, '14 9:04pm PST 
Thanks for your advice! Way earlier today I purchased the hyperflite soft flite Frisbee. I'm hoping it works out okay! I will be ordering the hyperflex soon too because I want that one as well!

How would you say the frisbees are for tugging?
[notify]

Maggie,- Tika, &- Porter

Aussie-tastic- Trio

Barked: Mon Feb 17, '14 12:53pm PST 
I would say it depends on the dog and how hard they are with their bite when tugging. The Soflite ones do not stand up well to my older girl Maggie (32 pounds), she puts holes in them immediately (either tugging or catching), but Tika (43 pounds) my younger girl has a much softer mouth and has yet to hurt the soflite too badly with either tugging or catching.

I tug like crazy with Maggie with the hyperflex and no real damage, they are very durable for how soft they are. I am not sure how many years I will get out of it as they are still fairly new, but I do know that my regular Jawz discs are about 7 years old lol!
[notify]
Mozart

I am Fearless

Barked: Wed Feb 19, '14 8:32am PST 
I went ahead and ordered the HYPERFLEX as well. The soft flite is currently out of stock although they are going to ship it to me when it is back in stock. I am very excited to get both frisbees hopefully Mozart loves them! I have heard they last along time which is great. Thank you for telling me about them I hope to be able to teach him some frisbee tricks!
[notify]