GO!

Skijoring/Canicross Harnesses for Smaller Dogs?

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Mon Jan 6, '14 3:01pm PST 
meditate
[notify]
Fun On The- Run Kennel- Racing

'10 Junior- Iditarod, 6th- place!

Barked: Mon Mar 10, '14 12:35pm PST 
I have a 30 pound husky/sled dog that I run in a buggy style harness when skijoring. I buy mine from bettercompanion.com and I don't remember what size I got her, but if you talk to Frank and Claudia I'm sure they'd be able to figure it out for you smile
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Wed Mar 12, '14 6:57am PST 
bump
[notify]

Wesley

Tail on the- trail

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '14 1:31pm PST 
I`ve gotten nice sledding x back harnesses from Black Ice in MN. They have skijoring and other items as well.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '14 10:54pm PST 
Have you tried Canadog? I am not sure about their sizing but I have some stuff from them and it is all good quality.
[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '14 7:53am PST 
Ahk totally forgot to come back here!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions smile

Canadog emailed me and said this:
"She definitely has a very deep chest.
Not sure what type of harness you are wanting - but if ordering the Shorty harness - go with size Small.
If ordering a full length harness - go with a Collared style size SL (the body will have a little extra length to accomodate the deep chest.)"

I *think* I might go with them simply because they also sell the canicross belt that I've had my eye on. Plus I can bundle it and get a bit of a deal. Hopefully it will fit her! big grin
[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Fri Apr 18, '14 4:11am PST 
I got the Canicross starter kit for 2 dogs!

Rigby's is a little big still, but totally functional.
We finally have a nice day to try it out, now to teach Rigby to pull laugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2