GO!

Hiking

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Firefly

Life is better- with Sheltie- love.

Barked: Thu Jun 6, '13 3:15am PST 
Firefly loves hiking. She's a regular little trail blazer. We hike in our local state park, Frozenhead. We also do the winding horse trails on Lone Mountain. Deep woods hiking for the win! way to go

We are actually hoping to go to Lone Mountain today. smile
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Thu Jun 6, '13 4:47pm PST 
Firefly is adorable!cloud 9
Hope ya'll have fun today!dog walk
[notify]
Lupi

I\\\'ll do- anything for a- treat!

Barked: Sat Jun 8, '13 10:18pm PST 
We just got back from hiking Mt. Yamnuska, near Canmore, Canada. Lupi was such a trooper! Everyone was surprised to see a Doxie coming up the mountain. There were a couple spots we had to put her in the backpack. Once on the narrow ridge with the chain to hold onto and also down the scree. The hike was way harder than I had realized (took us 5 hours!) but Lupi never complained. She is dead to the world now though!
Regarding leashes, I started out keeping her leashed but every dog we met on the way up was off-leash so I took hers off too. It really wasn't safe to keep her leashed with the steep terrain and rocks. Once we passed the part with the chain there were no other dogs (or people!) so it really wasn't necessary to leash her anyway.
[notify]

Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sun Jun 9, '13 5:10am PST 
That's so great Lupi! Apparently he'll even go hiking for a treat. I would have liked to see a picture of him in your backpack. I'm sure he appreciated the ride. smile
[notify]
Lupi

I\\\'ll do- anything for a- treat!

Barked: Sun Jun 9, '13 8:09am PST 
Thanks Kali! I didn't take any pictures, but my friends did, and put them on instagram. mojo_jojo96 is public, and she got one of us and Lupi in the pack. Ignore my horrible hair-it was windy up there!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2