GO!

Satellite TV Spammers

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

Beasley

I'm the Bee's- Knees!

Barked: Fri Mar 8, '13 6:52pm PST 
We received an avalanche of spam in Dogster Forums and Answers today. Watch Dog, the Moderators, and I removed hundreds of spam posts. Unfortunately, the spammers are creating accounts regulary, and posting in the Forums consistently, every minute or so. Legitimate posts are buried 25 pages in.

The Tech Team and Ops Urgent were unable to resolve the issue or remove the SPAM posts in the Forums today, nor are they able to investigate further until Monday.

In the meantime, in an effort to thwart the spammers I requested to have Dogster registration disabled. Unfortunately, they are somehow making their way around the disabled registration. I have tried unsuccessfully to "bump" buried posts but the spammers one up me. Le sigh.

Please know that the Community team is doing everything we can to remove existing spam in the Forums and hope the technical team will find a permanent solution after the week's end.

Thanks for all your help flagging these posts and have a great weekend!

meditateflowers
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 1:16pm PST 
Thanks for the update. applause
[notify]
Beasley

I'm the Bee's- Knees!

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 1:37pm PST 
Here's the latest update:

Tech is going to look at a registration based solution on Monday. In the meantime, they will try to remove the existing spam but the spammers are basically posting every few minutes, here in Dogster's forums, and in Answers on both Dogster and Catster.

Apparently, there's really no legal recourse against someone who's almost certainly overseas paying to use a botnet that exists in hundreds of legal jusisdictions.

We're continuing to work on this and paws crossed those silenced will be banished from our Community soon!

I hope you're all having a great weekend!

flowers

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 1:52pm PST 
However.. to post illegal ways to break the laws (national and international) with fake passports and all the rest of the fake docus..

Hoping that stupid slip is what hangs them....high.. and hard.

We are right with you Lori and Co... Troll Lasers charged.........

flowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowers
[notify]

Barked: Mon Mar 25, '13 4:18pm PST 
Any updates? I see we got rid of the spammers on the forums, but not on the answers section. thinking
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Tue Mar 26, '13 7:49pm PST 
Kali...

Just keep notifying as you see them .. thats what I am doing anyway.

At one point today Answers was under heck alone knows how many pages of spammers.. and the catster side Answers apparently is as well.

I have just requested a zapping on another troll on these forums.

Its far from over.. I dont think they have full answers to the $#%^&*()_ yet.

hug
[notify]

Barked: Wed Mar 27, '13 5:04pm PST 
Ok, thanks Flicka.
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Fri Mar 29, '13 10:39am PST 
Wow...I gave up after 11 pages!!!! of straight spambot in Answers today. No way to keep up with flagging.
HQ..I hope you all can come up with a solution soon. We really appreciate your efforts hug
[notify]