GO!

Sarah earned her first titles!

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Lenny

Lenny -The- Wrecking Ball

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 8:06am PST 
cheerpartysnoopy

Congrats Sarah!!! Lenny and I really look up to you guys as a hound team!
[notify]
Abbey

Feisty- Girl

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 10:33am PST 
Congrats, Sarah! way to goapplause
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 11:58am PST 
Thanks guys!

Lenny- Sarah only tried to "do nosework" a few times! I had to be really careful with my "finish" cue as the "ffff" in "Finish" sounds just like "fff" in "Find it!", plus, the way I was pointing with my hand looked a lot like the find it cue. It will be awhile before we can get to off leash work! I did joke with the judge (I know her) that we should get some 'gimmes' considering Sarah is part beagle, and a nontraditional breed for obedience (everyone else had labs, cattle dogs, german shepherds...)!

We trialed through a Rally League, which I would definitely recommend- it was two runs every Friday night for 4 weeks, and then the last week has four runs on a Sunday (and a party!). It was really nice because there were no looooooong days, and you really get to know the people there. And, your dog gets used to working in the same environment, which really helps their behavior!
[notify]

Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 10:06am PST 
Congrats Sarah!!!! snoopyhamster danceblue dogdancingcheer
[notify]
Lenny

Lenny -The- Wrecking Ball

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '13 11:57am PST 
I could see how you'd have to be careful with "Finish" and "Find It", definitely a challenge on the handler part! And I would've given you some gimmes! Anyone who can motivate a hound in obedience and make it FUN for the dog is a hero of mine!

I thought about trying Rally with Lenny but I just don't think it's something he would enjoy. He likes clicker training and learning (especially tricks) but when it comes to basic obedience he seems bored and doesn't do it with gusto that he does other things. I think it would be hard to convince him it would be worth his time, ya know? lol It's so different from Nosework which I can tell is the thing he LOVES to do.
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '13 4:57pm PST 
Sarah loves to do Rally! I call her my "action-dog". She loves the heelwork, the crazy girl! She doesn't like doing the stays much but puts up with it. She LOVED doing the fun agility class I had her in, anything that keeps her moving is great in her mind. She likes nosework and we are halfway to our C-WAGS Scent Patrol title, but I am not confident in reading her alerts, and I got pretty frustrated with the trainer so I am not doing that right now. I talked to a trainer I know and she said she is working on a Scent Hurdling team, so I may sign up for that!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2