|Barked: Sat Nov 16, '13 4:20pm PST |
|An off-topic question too... What kind of vaccines and how often do your clubs/trainers/trials require? What does limited vaccination mean?
I live in another country and for comparison:
- no vaccination is required by law here but if you travel or import a dog it must be vaccinated against rabies and treated against echinococcus granulosis.
- all our events state that they require microchips/tattoos valid rabies distemper, hepatitis, and parvovirosis vaccines. Some check all entering dogs, some pick random handlers to show their dog's documents. I've shown Alva's at a dog show, temperament test, an obedience trial and an off-the-record agility competition (we entered tunnel course without bars because Alva has bad hips)
- no spay/neuter is required. But some sports ban bitches in heat in trials.
- training clubs usually claim that any puppy is welcome after their vaccination so I assume an unvaccinated dog is frowned upon. No one has ever asked me my dogs documents about vaccines.
- currently vaccines are valid for as long their manufacturer claims. Alva got her first vaccine at 12 weeks (distemper, hepatitis, parvo, kennel cough (?), booster and rabies vaccination at 16 weeks, boosters at the age of one year four months, and next boosters at the age of four. So Alva is now vaccinated every third year.
Edited by author Sat Nov 16, '13 4:33pm PST
|my posts | my page | msg me | gift me | become pals|| [notify]|