GO!

Confused about Some APDT Rally Rules

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 45)  
1  2  3  4  5  
ARCHMX Asher RL1X RL2X RL3X RL

we will dance in- the ring without- words

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 12:32pm PST 
Wow, I have never seen that as related to APDt Rally, and I am on a LOT of groups related to Rally and have a LOT of exhibitors and judges as friends. Again, maybe it IS a venue thing?

Of course, I also understand how an individual could see others doing it to them and emulate. But then the people who began the snarking really have no right to complain, do they?
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 12:35pm PST 
@ G2 - They'll also tell you when your dog just isn't good enough, yes? Certainly you've heard that down the years with the working dogs. Or even said it. I know with Pogo, re Schutzhund, he wouldn't go on the tug so I was told he had no potential. Which sort of made me laugh at the time and think "geez, dude, how sporty can you get?" laugh out loud That was ok with me. Still was useful to know he wasn't going to pan out as a Schutzhund dog. He'd been in some agitation phases at that point, so I knew he was the real McCoy. I was actually glad for the experience, as I learned early that some sport people wouldn't know a real working dog if it fell out of the sky and hit them smack on the head wink

Edited by author Tue Jan 22, '13 12:37pm PST

[notify]
G2

Be Scaredy of- Me, Dawg!

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 12:59pm PST 
"Of course, I also understand how an individual could see others doing it to them and emulate. But then the people who began the snarking really have no right to complain, do they?"

Hmmmm....really have no idea what you are talking about here......are you talking about someone who copy cats or someone who becomes hateful and justifies that because they think someone's doing it to them? That sounds a little like a "neiner, neiner" response, and certainly not terribly mature. Regardless, this really is a potential drift off topic, so let's get back on track.

"I learned early that some sport people wouldn't know a real working dog if it fell out of the sky and hit them smack on the head"

laugh out loud True that!

Edited by author Tue Jan 22, '13 1:05pm PST

[notify]

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 3:41pm PST 
I never said I never intend on trialing - we already do, only that I probably do not intend on trialing in competitive obedience (which I still do hold in esteem)

but if we ever get there, I don't see why not! If I eventually have a dog at that level, why not?

and I don't see the point in stating that someone's opinion is actually, their opinion. Of course it is! all fora are that - an OPINION. the OP asked about food/praise/toys in some venues, that is the actual topic. shrug
[notify]
Dogster HQ

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 4:45pm PST 
Hi,

We have closed this thread. Threads can be closed temporarily or permanently for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are: the thread has gone off topic; the thread is not in the 'spirit' of Dogster; the thread is no longer fun, friendly or informational; the thread has been discussed at length in other threads; or we cannot provide adequate moderation at this time.

Please let HQ know if you have any questions.

HQ

(Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 45)  
1  2  3  4  5