GO!

Agility Brag

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bosley

Will Work For- Food

Barked: Mon Sep 17, '12 4:10pm PST 
I am very excited to announce that this weekend Bosley earned his ATChC !!
We needed one Snooker Q to finish this milestone title and when I saw the snooker course map Sunday morning, my heart dropped a bit. It was a tough course with lots of tunnel combos. Bosley does not love tunnels and because of his size, he has trouble powering out of them. So, I picked an opening path that I thought would be the quickest for him and that would get us enough points without needing to do all the tricky tunnel combos in the close. Then, I just went for for it. And we did it! We needed 34 points to Q and we just made the 34 points when our time ran out - my heart was pounding as we were headed to those last couple obstacles as I knew we were getting close to being buzzed off for time. What fun we had on that course smile

So to anyone out there with non-traditional breed agility dogs, don't let anyone try to tell you that you can't do it. Work on the strengths that your dog has and go for it smile
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Tue Sep 18, '12 2:42am PST 
Awesome! cheer Nice job, Bosley way to go
[notify]
Cohen CD RE- ADC SGDC- FDCh CGN

The Monster

Barked: Tue Sep 18, '12 6:57am PST 
Huge congrats. That's awesome. How long have you been at it? Does he tend to run clean? I just love your dogs!
[notify]

Bosley

Will Work For- Food

Barked: Tue Sep 18, '12 8:00am PST 
Thanks smile

Cohen, Bosley started foundation training when he was a puppy but we didn't start competing until he was 3. Being a large dog I waited to train him on certain obstacles and I didn't feel he was mature enough to trial (both physically and mentally) until he was older. It took us exactly 3 years from our first trial to our ATCh. We don't trial often - last year maybe 5 weekends and it has been less this year. He moved through the lower levels quickly, but our Masters Q rate wasn't very high (maybe 1 Q a day, sometimes none) so it took us longer once we got there. He turned it on the last couple trials though and those last Qs came much quicker than expected.
[notify]
MACH Koji BN- RAE MXB MJS- MXF T

Barked: Tue Sep 18, '12 1:01pm PST 
Big congratulations.

I have non-traditional breed running Agility too, so it is really nice to see others doing well with their non-traditional breed in Agility!
[notify]
Addie CL1- CL2 CL3 CL4- OAJ

if it moves,- I'll chase it!

Barked: Tue Sep 18, '12 3:01pm PST 
Congrats! Gives us hope.. we're still on level 1 smile
[notify]
MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

RAE TQX MXF MXB2- MJS2 MXBP MXJP,- etc.

Barked: Tue Sep 18, '12 10:21pm PST 
Congrats on your big accomplishment!!!!
[notify]
Remmy

I love Agility

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '12 12:38pm PST 
I have what would probably be considered a non-traditional Agility dog, a Shih Tzu x Maltese. He breezed through his Starters, took a little longer to go through his Advanced and we still have two Advanced Snooker to move into all Masters Classes. I know what you mean about heading for that last obstacle knowing you are getting close to time. Two of his last Snooker classes, one he was on the teeter as it was going down and the whistle blew, the other he was turning the last weave pole and the same thing. He missed out on a Masters Gamblers his last trial by 3 seconds.

Congratulations on getting there, gives us all hope!
[notify]
Maggie,- Tika, &- Porter

Aussie-tastic- Trio

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '12 1:19pm PST 
Congrats smile What a fun accomplishment.
[notify]
MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '12 5:22pm PST 
cheer Congratulations! cheer
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2