GO!

New Comfortflex Collars

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

Huck

GO!!!

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 7:12pm PST 
I finally bit the bullet and bought all 3 dogs a Comfortflex collar. I want to use them to hike in as well as for agility trials to slip on and off easily without the collars getting stuck in Huck's hair and choking them. Anyone else use these?
http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.displa y&category_ID=516
[notify]
Jynx

will work for- frisbees!

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 8:04pm PST 
They're not really new, they've been around for a while. A lot of people love the harnesses but I don't know too many people that have the collars. The one person I know that has a collar said her dog is able to slip out of it easily. I have a feeling it might be because of the slick neoprene. Her dog doesn't normally slip out of even buckle collars.

I think they're pretty cool looking though, and I would probably buy one if I didn't make most of my collars myself.
[notify]
Huck

GO!!!

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 8:14pm PST 
Yeah I knew they have been a round a while but they are new to usbig grin.
They dont seem to slip off my dogs heads so we shall see how they work, they arrived today so I have just tried them on them and not actually used them.
Hey Jynx I saw your page and do you hike up Devils Slide in Idyllwild? The one picture looks familiarsmile
[notify]

Jynx

will work for- frisbees!

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '12 10:13pm PST 
Nope, never hiked Devil's Slide. The photo with the rocks is from Icehouse Canyon on Mt. Baldy smile
[notify]
Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Thu May 3, '12 1:24pm PST 
Of the people I know who use the collars, the vast majority are usually off leash and got them for the bright colors and reflective strips. I think I only know one person who purchased a Comfortflex collar to be used as a limited slip for a dog prone to slipping collars. He hasn't had any trouble, but personally I would be wary of putting one on a dog like Ember because of how flexible and slick the padding is.
[notify]
Huck

GO!!!

Barked: Thu May 3, '12 5:00pm PST 
I have been using them for a week now and really like them. my dogs are not prone to slipping out of their collars but I like the padding and they seem more cofortable. They are not pullers either but it is nice that it does not tangle or make Huck's coat mat under it like the harnesses did or the regular nylon martingale collars.
[notify]