GO!

AKC Canine Partners and Agility

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

Baily- Agility- crazy!

I LOVE AGILITY- RUN FAST AND RUN- FAIR

Barked: Wed Apr 4, '12 11:03am PST 
Hi I am thinking about getting into AKCC (AKC Canine Partners) It's were mixed breeds or breeds without papers. I am gonna compete in Agility, Obedience, and AKC Rally. I need an agility class that's cheap in Western Washington. I have been jumping Baily over a small backless bench in yard for about a year now. I need agility practice, I have been in 4-H and I know how to train in agility. I just need somewhere to train Baily in agility for cheap.

Edited by author Wed Apr 4, '12 11:21am PST

[notify]
Maggie NAC- WV-N TN-N- CTL-3 RE

Tunnel Suckin'

Barked: Wed Apr 4, '12 1:45pm PST 
Western WA is a large area...pawmail me a little bit better of a location and I can help narrow down a few places for you smile
[notify]
Zephyr

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '12 10:31pm PST 
You don't have to do Canine Partners necessarily. Your dog is pretty clearly a lab so you can get a PAL number instead (Purebred Alternative Listing) which is functionally the same thing but you can go to Purebred only shows (There are more of those than you would expect) and be eligible for breed-specific titles/specialties.

You can also be eligible for Field Trials (for retrievers) and Tracking which "All-American Dogs" are not eligible for.

I also believe a PAL is the same cost and you have to submit two photos to prove the breed. If you don't care about that a Canine Partner thing may be easier.
[notify]

Baily- Agility- crazy!

Barked: Sun Apr 8, '12 6:55am PST 
Zephyr
that sounds alot funer.is this in the seattle area?
[notify]
Zephyr

Barked: Sun Apr 8, '12 10:16am PST 
PAL is just a way to a registration number to compete in AKC sanctioned events.
[notify]
Baily- Agility- crazy!

Barked: Sat Apr 14, '12 10:02am PST 
How muchdoes it cost to enter and is it on the AKC website?
[notify]
Shiloh ITD

GIMME BACON!

Barked: Sat Apr 21, '12 1:20pm PST 
The information is probably on the AKC website. I'd get you the link, but I have trouble finding stuff on there….
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Sat Apr 21, '12 2:39pm PST 
http://www.akc.org/reg/ilpex.cfm
[notify]