GO!

How do I get started?

Running, catching, leaping; this is the forum to discuss dog sports and agility training with other active pups!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Maggie NAC- WV-N TN-N- CTL-3 RE

Tunnel Suckin'

Barked: Wed Apr 4, '12 1:55pm PST 
I will second finding a trainer that does foundation skills - I want my dog to have a very good understanding of my body cues before they ever touch equipment.

Not all trainers are at facilities though...sometimes you will find a single person that uses an arena of sorts that they rent, or an area on their property cordoned off with equipment. The CleanRun list is a good start...but is lacking as I know plenty of good local trainers who are not listed.

I wouldn't worry too much about finding a venue to compete in just yet. I would highly suggest CPE, NADAC, or ASCA for beginners though. Also, try finding some local trials (agilityevents.net) and see if people have any local recommendations for you smile
[notify]
Bunny

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '12 5:37pm PST 
Thank you all for the information. I will have check all of those out. As far as a name my daughter has come up with a few but the top two right now are Bay or Teddy. We shall see though. She is supposed to come home this coming week. We are so excited!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2