|Barked: Thu May 1, '08 2:35pm PST |
|I've had the scooter only a week, but so far here's what I like about the scooter vs. the bike :
1. It's a whole lot easier when you have to stop... less motion required than getting off the bike. For example when Takoda suddenly decides to poop and I have to stop quickly then bag it... when there are people blocking the trail, or when we stop for drink breaks.
2. It fits easily in the back of my Jeep Cherokee without putting the seat down so the dog(s) can still ride comfortably in the backseat.
3. I found myself dragging my foot on the ground to slowdown and pushing with my foot rather than pedaling at times on a bike... that might just a personal oddity.
4. I like the feeling standing up, it's like your on a skateboard but have more control... kind of a thril IMO!
5. My dogs have always seemed to have a slight fear of the bike particularly when I'm hooking them up they would sometimes step far away from the bike... but the scooter doesn't seem to bother them at all.
I have used both my mountain bike and a small kid's bike for the past couple years. Always wanted to try a scooter but wasn't sure if I'd like it better so never got around to spending the $$ to order one. Then I came across one locally cheap... best $35 I ever spent! I was worried about not being able to pedal up hills but so far I've just kicked (hard) and we've made it.
A few more things that could be a pro or a con:
1. The dogs seem to wear out a little faster, probably due to smaller wheels and less help from me pedaling.
2. I seem to get a slightly better workout myself from kicking than I do with the bike
3. In my experience so far, dog pulling scooter seems to be a magnet for people wanting to talk. They seem to think it's cute. With the bike they just got out of the way. Good if you wanna stop and chat and show off your wonderful dog & scooter, bad if you just wanna GO GO GO!
Just my thoughts... I think they both have their own advantages and disadvantages & the rest is probably personal preference!
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become pals|| [notify]|