GO!

Adult dog is waking up the puppy help!

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

Louis

Barked: Fri Jul 4, '14 2:15am PST 
I used to be crated but now i just sleep in a dog bed in the other room. Ever since we got our puppy (4months old now) I like to get up at 5 or 6 am instead of my normal 8am and wake up the puppy with me. The puppy is in a crate in the same room as me. My parents have tried moving the puppy to another room but whenever they get up to let me out it wakes up the puppy and then we are both wide awake and want to play in the yard! right now my mom is just taking me straight back in and putting us both back to bed but we both just whine because we want to play . My parents keep both of us awake till 10pm or later with one last potty break at midnight, take walks, restrict our water after 8 pm and feed us dinner at 4pm My mom wants to know what else she can do to help me sleep later like i used to

Edited by author Fri Jul 4, '14 2:18am PST

[notify]
Cohen CD RE- ADC SGDC- FDCh CGN

The Monster

Barked: Sun Jul 6, '14 8:13pm PST 
Sounds like it's time to go back to crating. Or learn to live with less sleep. I know what I'd choose.
[notify]
Louis

Barked: Tue Jul 8, '14 1:10pm PST 
yea i got another crate so both pupps are in crates now still isnt working but im just letting them out and putting them back in hopefully soon they will both get the idea then need to sleep longer than 6 hours
[notify]