GO!

Exercise toy for Yorkie???

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

Barked: Fri May 17, '13 4:07am PST 
Hope it's the right place for asking help. Well, while searching dog exercise toy for my Lara (2-yrs Yorkie) I came across a cool looking remote control dog toy called Go-Go Dog Pal. Does anyone own it or have info about this toy? Whether it is not for small dog breed or not?dog

Edited by author Thu May 23, '13 10:47pm PST

[notify]
Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Fri May 17, '13 2:01pm PST 
Assuming your Yorkie fits the standard of 7lb or under, I would not buy this toy for a Yorkie. Based on the product site photo gallery, this toy will be bigger than he is. He could be badly injured if it accidentally hits him.

Instead, I would look into making a flirt pole. You can adjust it to fit him perfectly, and the type of exercise it provides is the same.

You could also teach him to fetch. This video details a very similar process to how I taught Ember to bring me a ball. She had no ball drive when I started and is now a titled flyball dog, so it really does work! Size is no matter - we also have two Chihuahuas on our team (although one is just for fun, since he isn't big enough to trigger the flyball box!)
[notify]

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 12:57am PST 
Thanks for your consideration... I too thought so when I watched this dog toy first time, but there's a video of Poodle chasing it.My Yorkie has same height and body structure.
[notify]

Button

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 11:22am PST 
You could also use a dog wheel for him as a way to burn off energy. We plan to make one for Button when he is older.
[notify]

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 1:36am PST 
"Dog Wheel" is a history...
[notify]

Barked: Tue May 28, '13 2:16am PST 
Watch a cool video of Poodle chasing Go-Go Dog Pal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV0IF7zfiM4
[notify]