GO!

Keep this Harness on all Day?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 4:57am PST 
Hi..Usually my shih tzu is "naked" in the house, but we recently moved and he has tried to escape a few times. He is microchipped, but I would like to have something with ID on him..am considering a breakway collar with a flat tag, or a harness like this where our phone # can be embroidered (that is all that would fit).
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13118756&f=PAD %2FpsNotAvailInUS%2FNo

He would still be naked in the evenings once everyone is in for the night, and we would be sure to brush him often to reduce matting. He is kept short.
I would also be putting a TAGG gps on him. For walks he walks in a harness. Anyone have suggestions between the two options?
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 10:52am PST 
Nick and Paris both have step in harnesses like that and it doesn't bother them when they have theirs on during the day. One thing to consider is if the hair would cover up the phone number on the harness. You could also just attach a tag to the D ring where the leash hooks up to it.
[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 1:52pm PST 
My dog wears a brown leather harness 24/7. It makes it easy for me to grab him if he decides to want to bolt out the door. He can slip a collar should he feel so inclinded to do so.
[notify]

Molly

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 10:17am PST 
we used to keep our Westie harnessed all day but recently (after getting a new harness) we took it off for a bath and saw that there was a a spot where the harness must have been rubbing so much that she was bleeding! Now we keep her "naked" most of the time. If you plan to keep the harness on, just double check every few days to make sure it is fitting properly and not rubbing the skin too much.
[notify]