GO!

Holiday Card Exchange with a "Dog Twist" anyone???

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Tue Oct 30, '12 9:54am PST 
It is extremely easy to get COMPLETE information on someone from just a name and address. Just this morning I was searching for an old friend, I just used her name and came up with EVERYTHING, including her DOB, employer, home address, work address and both phone number and email. I could easily have gotten credit card information as well by just paying a fee.
It is not even a far stretch to have some child read this, submit their name and address and have a lurker or worse look them up and come visit. Ask your local PD, this is happening ALL OVER the country time and time again.
[notify]
Sun

Barked: Tue Oct 30, '12 11:41am PST 
Do you guys really all believe that it's not incredibly easy to get someone's name and address? They're not some top secret thing like a social security number. Every day millions of people are putting their names and address on something..
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '12 12:03pm PST 
Hey, do what you like, but could you do it in the proper forum, please? 'Other Barks and Woofs' would be more appropriate. shrug
[notify]

Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '12 3:44pm PST 
It is too easy...but that doesn't mean we can't try to make it harder. I've had my identity stolen at least 5 times and I'm 26. I was 18 the first time it happened.
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Thu Nov 1, '12 7:08am PST 
Please follow Community Guidelines. Insults are not allowed. I did not flag your original post.
[notify]
Rocky *CGC*- With the- angels.

Gone but never,- ever forgotten- xxx

Barked: Thu Nov 1, '12 1:00pm PST 
If you or anyone else is going to do this, please be careful.

The E-Card idea is a great one... I say stick with that.

It's too easy for people to find out everything about you, these days.

Make a holiday card and Paul it to your friends so they can display it on their page.
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sat Nov 3, '12 12:52am PST 
Please don't encourage people to give out their information on a public forum. It really is dangerous especially for kids. I have seen bad things happen before that were positively life ruining. Even an innocuous place such as dogster has a bad element.

I do have friends here that I can trust and who I have shared info privately but I found them through a long period of posting here, not throwing out my details willy nilly.
[notify]
Dogster HQ

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '12 5:37pm PST 
Hi,

We have closed this thread. Threads can be closed temporarily or permanently for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are: the thread has gone off topic; the thread is not in the 'spirit' of Dogster; the thread is no longer fun, friendly or informational; the thread has been discussed at length in other threads; or we cannot provide adequate moderation at this time.

Please let HQ know if you have any questions.

HQ

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2