GO!

Can boy dogs wear a little bit of Pink?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Mozart

I am Fearless

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '12 11:49am PST 
So Mozart's Birthday is coming up really soon in September and I have been buying him gifts for his birthday. I want to get him a new harness a Puppia one in Brown I found a really cute one with Polka dots on it but little did I notice that the polka dots are light pinkred face They other harness's are white polka dots so I thought the brown would be too. I wanted brown since I think it won't show dirt as much when we go to the dog park and he rolls around in the dirt and I think with his caramel coloring it would look nice.

My order all ready shipped and I should be getting it soon in the mail. So my question is can boy dogs wear a little bit pink? Or should I return it for a different color?

here is a picture of the harness http://www.amazon.com/Puppia-Dotty-Harness-Medium-15-4-23-6/dp/B004M J8MFU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345833916&sr=8-1&keywords=puppia+dotty +brown

the pink looks very light I am wondering if you would not be able to tell it is pink, I guess I will have to see when I get it.

It also comes in Black with white polka dots and blue with white polka dots. http://www.ruffaroundthehedges.com/files/2020617/uploaded/Puppia%20D otty%20Harness%20group.jpg
[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '12 12:02pm PST 
Sure, why not?! Scruffy sports a pink harness these days. smile

Scruffy says real men wear pink!

Edited by author Fri Aug 24, '12 12:11pm PST

[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '12 12:43pm PST 
He's not going to care and people are going to refer to him by whatever gender they like no matter what you dress him in. Jewel in a miami cut with a bow in her topknot gets refered to as a boy. Doesn't matter what you do, people are going to do what they're going to do. Be a duck and let it roll off you like water.
[notify]

y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '12 12:43pm PST 
dogs are colorblind..

PS. never ever put girls in blue either.

Edited by author Fri Aug 24, '12 12:49pm PST

[notify]
Ice

What's Cooler- Than Being Cool?- Ice Cold!

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '12 12:47pm PST 
I try not to force gender stereotypes on my dogs. They really could care less.
[notify]
Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '12 12:58pm PST 
I do not think a little bit is going to matter to anyone. It is too cute!

And like others have said - people will think what they will. With my 2 even with the size difference, everyone thinks Harley is a female as he is the cuddly, motherly one. Maci is the hyper, ruff one.
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '12 1:08pm PST 
Of course boys can wear pink! smile
I don't think it matters, as long as you don't mind having to correct some people who might assume he is a girl. Then again, people often get dogs' genders wrong anyway... No matter how much pink or purple I put on my German Shepherd, people still always think she's a boy. shrug

Also, I think brown and pink go really well together. I don't actually like pink that much myself but brown and pink look good, and I buy pink thinks for Bianca because I think they make her look a little less threatening (people are scared of her because of her looks/breed, even though she is very friendly.)

Edited by author Fri Aug 24, '12 1:09pm PST

[notify]
Mozart

I am Fearless

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '12 1:15pm PST 
Thanks everyone I think it is going to be just fineway to go people do already think that Mozart is a girl and Bella who is a girl in a pink harness with a pink princess id tag with a pink leash think she is a boy WHATeek
and it is not like I am putting him in a hot pink harness and making him wear a pink bow.
I normally put Mozart in Blue or boy colors and Bella(girl) in girly colors yet people still get confused so I say what the hay I can do whatever colors I want you guys are right it really does not matter about the colors it is my
decision.

Edited by moderator Fri Aug 24, '12 2:03pm PST

Edited by forums moderator
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '12 1:43pm PST 
Glad you decided to go with it. Our boy Samoa used to have a pink collar when I had just him and Savvy. I wanted them to match. Now I have the four most mismatched pups in the universe so I don't worry about it anymore.

Litte Dubs is female, but she never wears pink because she is sort of a rusty red and it clashes. Other than that, anything goes.
[notify]
Bruno CGC

Honorary Kelpie

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '12 2:14pm PST 
Bruno is a fairly masculine-looking dog (if I can say so) but I have a hot-pink leash, a rainbow/purple harness, a purple collar and matching purple leash. smile I think bright girly colors look great on a black dog is all, and I'll get the colors I like without worrying about how other people will see them. Glad to see you've decided it doesn't matter what people think your dog is. It's not like they even have gender the way people do. way to go
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5