GO!

Collars & Leashes! What do you use?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Spikey

Dog biscuits- rocks my world!

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '12 5:58am PST 
My dog's collar is always on him because of the tag smile. But for long walks I attach the use a harness. By the way its great to meet someone on etsy here big grin
[notify]
Seymour- Glass- Shrader

"Can we go- outside yet?"

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 7:09am PST 
We have a doxie so we use a harness and he loves to run so we have a Flexi Classic Compact 1 leash when we walk himdog walk.
[notify]
Dingo

All business no- play, I have a- job to do

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '12 1:18pm PST 
We use a regular collar and 6 foot leash on our mini schnauzer.
[notify]

Sedona

It\'s Tough- Being A Spoiled- Puppy!

Barked: Mon Jul 23, '12 10:41am PST 
Hi wave
We use a Puppia harness on Sedona. cloud 9 I love them! We've used them for over 7 years and they still look new (machine washed & hung to dry). They are very durable and look super cute. The main reason I chose Puppia mesh harnesses over the "strap" type is because it distributes the impact of the tugging over her entire chest vs where straps would lay. She doesn't usually tug, unless a squirrel crosses are path. shrug

As for the lead, we use a retractable one.
While on a walk in the neighborhood, we have it in a short, "locked" position (to mimic a standard leash). But while in the yard (we do not have fences), we leave it unlocked, so she can romp around for a bit. cheer
[notify]
Miso

like the gravy!

Barked: Wed Jul 25, '12 3:32pm PST 
We use a collar and retractable leash most of time time. She's good at listening and never goes to the full extent of it, and I lock it when kids or other dogs are near by. I will sometimes use her nylon leash when we're going to a long city walk and I know it'll be really crowded.

I have a puppia harness and a buddy belt, but she doesn't like either of them. I'd really like her to adjust to one of them though...
[notify]
Mila

Eat All The- Foods!

Barked: Wed Jul 25, '12 6:42pm PST 
We use a regular flat collar (buckle, not the snap ones... she's broken the snap ones before trying to get at a cat) and a 6ft leash for my little one. smile
[notify]
Floppy

Did somebody say- car ride?!?!

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '12 6:02am PST 
We use a harness on her and then we have both a retractable and 6ft leash. I prefer the 6ft one.
[notify]
Chandler

Can I eat that?

Barked: Fri Jul 27, '12 2:30pm PST 
On Chandler, I use a no-pull harness, because he likes to try and keep up with the big dogs.

On Rosco, we use a strange, thick harness we found at a little pet supplies place because he likes to slip out of collars and normal harnesses. He has confinement issues. laugh out loud
[notify]
Ra

Veteran Watchdog

Barked: Fri Jul 27, '12 10:23pm PST 
Harness! Kityra seems to magically stop pulling on the leash when she wears one. meditate But if we ever switch to a collar again, she's all PULL O_O
[notify]
Peach

Etsy's Pooch &- Puddy mascot!

Barked: Sun Jul 29, '12 2:20pm PST 
-Shameless Plug- My own! I make and sell dog and cat collars and leashes and will be adding vest harnesses for both species soon, extra-small and large dog collars, too!

;D

Peach has my design of a flat no-pressure collar on at all times for her ID. We use a 4 foot flat leash with a lobster clasp and a fabric vest harness for walks. When we go somewhere to play, we break out the 20 foot pink long line, and she gets to swim or chase balls to her heart's content while remaining safe =D
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4