GO!

Fun Personality type quizzes for you and your dog! (Cross post)

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Twister

Love me.

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 2:15pm PST 
Fun find!smile

Twister: OBH - Defender (can totally see this!)

Your dog is an Organized, Alpha and High Activity type which we call the Defender. The Defender's social position is ambiguous due its Beta (B) nature and it may appear to be a leader or a follower at various times. Defenders are flexible about social structure but their Organised (O) factor means that environmental order and clear rules are preferred. In the 'original wolf pack' Defenders could easily fill any positions vacated due to illness or accident.

Duke: SBH - Adventurer (yep)

Your dog is a Spontaneous, Beta and High Activity type which we call the Adventurer. The Adventurer regularly challenges the social order, routine and environmental orderliness. It constantly searches for new social and environmental standards. It is highly competitive with plenty of energy and a playful spirit but not great at group activities.

Echo: OGM - Diplomat (for the most part, but gets bossy around dogs)

Your dog is an Organised, Gamma and Medium Activity type which we call the Diplomat. The Diplomat is a task focused, submissive character employing passive, medium energy techniques. It strives to keep order in a small but meaningful area and do the leader's bidding in a passive, sometimes underhanded manner. The combination of Submissive (Gamma or G) and Medium (M) energy factors make the Diplomat a soft, loving, easy care character.

Owner (moi): I would say I am kinda a mixture between 3 of them; the Observer, the Buddy, and the Idealist.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 2:39pm PST 
OAH- Commando

"Your dog is an Organised, Alpha and High Activity type which we call the Commando. The Commando is the most forceful, eye catching yet restrained character. It needs to work and will be on the go all day long. It sees the big picture and is most comfortable and effective working in a team. The Commando is calm, yet energetic maintaining focus on the team leader and the task at hand."
[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Tue Jul 10, '12 5:08am PST 
Cobain - OAH - Commando

Your dog is an Organised, Alpha and High Activity type which we call the Commando. The Commando is the most forceful, eye catching yet restrained character. It needs to work and will be on the go all day long. It sees the big picture and is most comfortable and effective working in a team. The Commando is calm, yet energetic maintaining focus on the team leader and the task at hand.

Rigby - OGH - Deputy

Your dog is an Organised, Gamma and High Activity type which we call the Deputy. The Deputy is a submissive, mouldable, balanced character. It happily does the leader's bidding, is easily led and controlled but prefers an orderly environment. The Deputy conforms to its leader's wishes most readily. Deputies are easy to train, willing to conform socially and team spirited. They are everybody's friend.

Oz - SBM - Dreamer

Your dog is a Spontaneous, Beta and Medium Activity type which we call the Dreamer. The Dreamer is disorganised, socially and mentally. It lacks the energy to assert an active social challenge but may challenge a very easy going owner or dog over some prized resource such as the couch or a bone, perhaps curling its lip or snarling occasionally. It enjoys freeform pastimes such as watching TV or sniffing about off lead most of all.

I think they are all pretty accurate laugh out loud
[notify]

Sandy Baby- ♥

I may look- little, but I'm- ALL dog!

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 1:44pm PST 
It would take far too long to take the quiz for every pup in our family (including my sisters dogs), so I'm just going to do one for Sandy, Sweeney, and Lilo. smile

Sandy got:
OBM - Sentry

Your dog is an Organised, Beta and Medium Activity type which we call the Sentry. The Organised (O) factor motivates territoriality and the need to control its environment. Sentries can easily switch from dominant to submissive strategies due to the Beta (B) social status factor. The Medium (M) energy factor means they will defend and control modest areas.

Sweeney got:
SGH - Investigator

Your dog is an Spontaneous, Gamma and High Activity type which we call the Investigator. The Investigator is a loveable, submissive, funny, even silly character that is happiest when obeying its leader or involved in freeform activity. The Investigator makes a great pet for active people. They are High (H) energy dogs that need exercise and love regular walks.
(actually sounds dead on, bol!)

Lilo got:
OAH - Commando

Your dog is an Organised, Alpha and High Activity type which we call the Commando. The Commando is the most forceful, eye catching yet restrained character. It needs to work and will be on the go all day long. It sees the big picture and is most comfortable and effective working in a team. The Commando is calm, yet energetic maintaining focus on the team leader and the task at hand.
(admittedly, I answered some of those thinking of her when she was a bit younger - but it's still accurate even though she has calmed down a bit in her old age)

Now, the next one... I would say I'm a combination of The Soul Mate and The Expert.

The Soul Mate: Loving, attentive, and empathetic towards their dogs, true Soul Mates value the deep-feeling connections they develop with their pets. Soul Mates are always thinking of their pets’ safety and wellbeing, and a Soul Mate’s dog is always very well taken care of. Soul Mates are also known to take their dogs on many trips, adventures, and outings. As a result, their dogs are usually very well socialized.

The Expert: Experts believe that the best way to keep their dogs safe and happy is to learn everything they can about owning a dog, training, and their specific breed or mix. An Expert will do extensive research before purchasing or adopting a dog. They are often extremely intelligent, with a sharp wit and an excellent sense of humor. They thrive on learning, and make sure their dogs do too. Experts will have their dogs enrolled in obedience, agility, and training classes.

ETA: I think I have a touch of angel in me, too. After all, I've been known to take in strays and unwanted rodents (Noble was a stray, Buttercup was an unwanted rodent) and will probably do it again. The only thing that threw me off was the tolerating naughty antics. I can't stand naughty behavior. laugh out loud

Edited by author Wed Jul 11, '12 2:00pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2