GO!

Anyone else 'Bell the Dog'?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Remington's- Saturday- Night Spe

Cute-- and I know it!

Barked: Thu Feb 9, '12 12:57pm PST 
I have to make sure Remi wears a bell on his collar so I can tell where he is at all times. I sure don't want to step on him.

Does anyone else put a bell on their small dog's collar?
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Thu Feb 9, '12 1:02pm PST 
I have been meaning to put one on Cookie's collar. She is lightning fast and I take her for off leash runs in a big farm field. After dark, I need to track her by her tag jingles, but a bell would be easier.
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Thu Feb 9, '12 5:34pm PST 
Paris has a bell, but Nicky has enough tags on so they jingle when he walks. I still somehow manage to trip over them though! laugh out loud

Edited by author Thu Feb 9, '12 5:34pm PST

[notify]

Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Fri Feb 10, '12 3:45pm PST 
Not a bell but Kit's tags jingle enough that I can keep track of where he is by listening for them. He's a trouble maker, so I like to always know where in the house he is. laugh out loud

I thought about getting him a little bell before but just never did. I guess just his tags are enough for me.
[notify]
Bruno CGC

Honorary Kelpie

Barked: Fri Feb 10, '12 4:25pm PST 
LOL, I always tell where the dogs are by their tags jingling. I bought a (loud) "bear bell" (people use them hiking in the wilderness to warn the bears and give them time to move out) for Bruno thinking it would be nice to use to locate him, but he HATES it. It's probably too loud for his ears.

Bruno recently lost his tags (AGAIN... why are the split rings that come with tags so flimsy?) and it's really throwing me off to not hear him coming.
[notify]
Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Fri Feb 10, '12 4:58pm PST 
As a pup Dunlop had a kitten collar on with a bell on it because he almost got locked in the shed! Now days he associates a little bell with something he can chase like a cat, which makes it interesting at Christmas when the ornaments come out! You get nose jabbed and jumped on and very closely watched just in-case there's a kitty in the tree!
[notify]
*MAYA*

I arrived and I- conquered!

Barked: Fri Feb 10, '12 6:16pm PST 
Absolutely. Maya is all set and has a bell on her collar but she is too small to wear it yet.

Arthur also had a "BONG"!

Like you stated, like these I know where Maya is at all times... well, when the collar fits her big grin
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Feb 10, '12 8:09pm PST 
Maya,
My daughter has a very small Maltese. They bought him a fabric cat collar(woven) and sewed little bells from the craft store on it for him. He is full grown,4 pounds and could fit entirely under my women's size 6 athletic shoe. My son -in-law wears size 12 mens.The poor little guy would never stand a chance and loves to run around feet. I hope the suggestion helps.
[notify]
Penny Mouse- Fart Ayala

I eat, therefore- I am.....

Barked: Fri Feb 10, '12 10:38pm PST 
I bought some cat bells from Petco that were loose (not attatched to a collar or anything) and I put one on each of Pennys harnesses and outfits with D rings on the back. It really helps to locate her and it's not too loud as the tiny bells are quiet. Just enough to hear and not accidently step on her. Also, when she goes out in the backyard at night to piddle, she's black and I can't see her but I can sure hear her! I wait till the little packages of cat bells go on sale then buy a bunch up and they last forever as you can switch them with the tags from outfit or harness to the next coat or harness. Works really good!!!
[notify]
Luke

I came, I saw, I- chewed.

Barked: Sat Feb 11, '12 7:22am PST 
No bells here but reading these posts about how handy they are, I might just make some bell collars for my human kids. LOL!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2