GO!

HELP!!! Is this a pedigree Pomeranian?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 12:40pm PST 
Hi,

Ive always wanted a Pomeranian, and I saw an ad online about a Pomeranian litter in my local town. I've heard a lot of stories about "Pomeranians" growing up to look completely different, and I would like to ask you whether you think this is a pure pedigree Pomeranian? This is the link to the ad (my iPad won't let me include a pic here) http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/pets4homes/home.nsf/dogsforsale/C78E38F6 995A54148025797E007389B9

I would be very thankful if anyone could help me.

Thank you!
[notify]
Trixie Bean!

none so blind as- those that will- not see

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 1:20pm PST 
The link won't work, but if I were you i'd do a little research about responsible breeders! While they may be nice people, I have no doubt that the person in the ad is what we'd call a "BYB" (backyard breeder). They likely love their dogs, but they aren't doing the health tests that are important for the breed!

I'd start by looking on a website called Champdogs, and also on the kennel club website for breeders. Be sure to ask them about whether they health test, and what the health is of their dogs. Heres a hint- if they say they have never had a health problem in thei dogs, they are lying!

smile Good luck!

Edited by author Tue Jan 17, '12 1:28pm PST

[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 1:30pm PST 
Trixie I got it to work.

"Beutiful POMERANIAN PUPPIES for sale. They are wolf sable in colour and all are beutiful. We have two girls and two boys. Mum and dad are family pets and both have good temperament.Mum and dad are very small in size.I have put photoes of mum and dad and will put photoes of puppies in a weeks time.Loveing homes only."

No talk of them being registered. Poster please take Trixie up on her offer to help you find a responsible breeder!
[notify]

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 2:24pm PST 
Yeah, no talk of registration and the spelling errors concern me too. Professionalism is spell check.wink
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 2:44pm PST 
The ad doesn't say they're registered and even if they were, registration doesn't mean the dogs are healthy or a good example of their breed. No health tests or titles are mentioned.

Plus those puppies are way expensive for "good temperament" being their only breed worthy quality (and there's no proof that claim is even true). If you're willing to spend a large amount of money buying a dog, it's better in the long run to take the time to find a really good breeder.
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 2:46pm PST 
well, pedigreed has nothing to do with quality, and frankly I wouldn't buy a dog based on pedigree status.
[notify]
Trixie Bean!

none so blind as- those that will- not see

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 2:52pm PST 
thinking I am actually seriously struggling to find health tested Poms *sigh*

feel free to email me- keri_c@hotmail.co.uk with your home town, and i'll try help you out a little more! did say that on my first post but for some reason it disappeared thinking
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 4:05pm PST 
Here is the link Link

Pedigree isn't the most important thing for me either. Health and temperament are.
The parents are beautiful but are they siblings. Did she just decide to mate her pets? I also don't know about prices in the UK but they seem expensive for pups with no papers.
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 4:39pm PST 
Siding with Lilith- Just because it is purebred does not mean it is a quality dog. Saw a great analogy on a reputable breeder website and long story short the point of it all was that a breed is much more than just its name and a little piece of paper.
[notify]
Libby

Shake it baby!

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 4:52pm PST 
There are many wonderful groups in the UK so if I were you, I would contact some vet offices for recommended breeders and follow up with some of the pom experts in your area.
A bit of research now will prevent further heartache and financial issues later!wink
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3