GO!

After back surgery...

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

Barked: Sat Dec 31, '11 5:19pm PST 
Hello! New to this board but found it because I have to ask some familiar people about my dachshund's recent back surgery. She is 4 days post-op and doing great. Eating, drinking, going to the bathroom, and even playing with her toys a little. One question I have is that I noticed some bruising on her chest area and in between her back legs. I brought her over to the vet who did the surgery, and he wasn't concerned, but I have this gut feeling that something is wrong. The bruises range from deep purple to red colors. It doesn't hurt her when I touch it and she hasn't been licking/biting in that area. I just can't figure out what's going on. Anybody have any idea what it could be??
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Sat Dec 31, '11 5:31pm PST 
Hmmmm...can the vet explain the bruising? Well, first let me say, glad your surgery was a success! I had back surgery 2 1/2 years ago too. Sure ain't cheap wink I made a full recovery too!

Anyhoo, I have never heard of bruising, but maybe it depends on where the incision was? I guess I would feel better if the vet said it was common. I have not heard of that, and I can only speak of my own experience. I didn't have any kind of bruising like that thinking

The most important thing is I'm glad you are doing well. It's wonderful you are doing well! way to gohughughughug

Edited by author Sat Dec 31, '11 5:31pm PST

[notify]