GO!

help tea cup or minitures help :-k

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 35)  
1  2  3  4  
Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Thu Dec 29, '11 2:49pm PST 
Good luck with your search for a rescue dog, Guest. way to go

Heavier than you want, and not as common in rescue, but a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel might be a consideration. Smaller than a Cocker Spaniel but with very obvious Spaniel looks. Low maintenance and generally very happy, loving little dogs.

They are prone to some pretty nasty genetic health issues though and you really, really, have to research your breeder if you go down this route.
[notify]
sarah

spoiled- grandchild

Barked: Sat Dec 31, '11 8:32am PST 
thank you we are going out to day to look that was very helpfull
[notify]
Princesse- Lily CGN

I am RoyalChi!

Barked: Sat Dec 31, '11 9:46am PST 
I am very sorry for your recent loss.hug

I vote Chihuahua!big grin Princesse goes for rides in my bike basket (not a motorcycle). She is 5 pounds, which I find an ideal size. Small enough to be portable, but big enough not to be too fragile. Good luck in your search.smile
[notify]

Luke

I came, I saw, I- chewed.

Barked: Sat Dec 31, '11 12:26pm PST 
So sorry for your recent loss. frown

I vote chihuahua too. I've had 2 that were the best dogs a girl could want and if socialized early on, they are wonderful as travel dogs. In fact, Tobie was my husband's dog and they lived on a tourist boat in Mexico for a year. He loved going to new places and meeting new people everyday. My husband would even take him to cafes and nightclubs in a little backpack. I can't speak for teacups because mine were much bigger. But even at 10 lbs, they are pretty "portable".

I wish you the best of luck in your search. And like any forum, take what you find useful and leave the rest behind. There is a lot of good information on here. Good luck!
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Sat Dec 31, '11 5:16pm PST 
Cavaliers are a great choice. If you have some specific breeds in mind I would also suggest looking into breed rescues.

You can find some listed here:

http://www.akc.org/breeds/rescue.cfm
and
http://www.rescu einfocenter.com/
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 35)  
1  2  3  4