GO!

Made a sweater for Charlie

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

Charlie

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '11 11:23am PST 
Charlie gets cold in the mornings and shivers. My friend showed me how to make him a sweater and it works great. I thought some of you might like to know what I did. I bought two used fleece sweaters at a used store for $2.50 each. I cut off the sleave and cut some holes for his legs. His head goes through the cuff. I cut it to fit him and so he would not pee on it. It fits him good and helps him stay warm. So for $5.00 dollars I got 4 sweaters that only takes minutes to make. There was no way I could pay for warm fleece sweaters at a pet store. I will post some pictures on his page if I can get him to sit still.
[notify]
Isabelle

Tougher than I- look!! :)

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '11 11:45am PST 
That's great! When my little pup, Annie was still tiny, we made her a sweater out of a sock, doing pretty close to what you describe with the sleeve. We used a low-cuff sock, so it could be the neck.
Dog clothes are so expensive at the boutiques! Momma bought me a new sweater for my birthday from the place she gets our food, cause not only was it lovely, it was marked way down! And it was pink, which is my colour.
[notify]
Sassafras

My head is- broken, not my- heart!!

Barked: Mon Dec 12, '11 11:19am PST 
Charlie that's awesome! I crocheted Sas a couple of sweaters....I'm not very good at it though so they didn't really fit right and she haaaaated them! I'll master it some day.

Thrift store cut ups is an awesome idea though. Way to be creative wink That is way cooler than designer!
[notify]

Buster Brown

One can never- have too much- cuddling.

Barked: Sun Dec 25, '11 10:43pm PST 
I made my Buster a coat for Christmas. He loves it. If you would like to see it just go to Busters page. Or if you want to know how to make it send me a message.snoopy
[notify]
Charlie

Barked: Tue Dec 27, '11 12:21pm PST 
I like Buster's sweater. I am waiting to fix my sewing machine then I am going to spoil charlie rotten. Oh too late he is already spoiled rotten.
[notify]
Buster Brown

One can never- have too much- cuddling.

Barked: Sun Jan 1, '12 10:36pm PST 
I did mine all by hand, sewing machine isn't working either.
[notify]