GO!

Purebred or Mixed?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Buttercup- ♥

Reeses Peanut- Butter Cups

Barked: Sat Oct 8, '11 3:18pm PST 
A loooooong time ago we got Buttercup on Craigslist and my mom wanted a Poodle because of allergies. I never really thought Buttercup looked "pure" Poodle to me. thinking
I looked around at pics and stuff and saw that the one breed Bolognese had the same kinda hair as her and looked like her somewhat. Knowing Bologneses are rare breeds I'm not too sure that she would be mixed with one.
I'd love to here your ideas on her breed guess!
Maybe she is pure Miniature Poodle, but just has faults?
ALSO, we just dyed her ears blue (non-toxic btw), so no, she's not some special breed of "blue" dog. big laugh
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Sat Oct 8, '11 3:34pm PST 
Her ears are very cute.laugh out loud
Not very good at breed guesses sorry. I have a pug poodle who's hair is kind of like that.
[notify]
Buttercup- ♥

Barked: Sat Oct 8, '11 3:39pm PST 
Haha, thanks. (:
Interesting mix..Pug/ Poodle...
thinking
[notify]

Sakari

Divas can get- dirty too !

Barked: Sat Oct 8, '11 5:05pm PST 
Maybe Maltese and Poodle? She's adorablecloud 9
[notify]
Lily Anne

Let's play!

Barked: Sun Oct 9, '11 5:29am PST 
What a cutie- I see Maltese in the face, and the color and less curly coat would fit too.
[notify]
Buttercup- ♥

Barked: Sun Oct 9, '11 7:32am PST 
Hmm, I never thought Maltese because of their long short bodies.
thinking
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Sun Oct 9, '11 11:59am PST 
I have a lot of trouble telling if a poodle is purebred or not when they have longer hair, especially around the face because having a furry face really changes how their face shape looks.
I think maybe the hair might indicate that she's not purebred because it doesn't really look like the way a poodle's hair looks? It is possible that she could just be maybe a "pet quality" poodle though.

She sure is cute though! I like the blue.
[notify]
Chewy

Tall,Dark, and,- Handsome

Barked: Sun Oct 9, '11 5:40pm PST 
She looks a lot like my uncle's maltese poodle mix.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sun Oct 9, '11 8:08pm PST 
I'd say Maltese/Poodle mix. My grandfather had a poodle that he sometimes let grow out and my daughter has a maltese and I do see a bit of both. I'm not the greatest at breed guesses but I'm pretty sure about this one.Buttercup is adorable!!!!
[notify]
Zephyr

Is it winter- yet?

Barked: Mon Oct 10, '11 1:01am PST 
She's so cute!! She could be a purebred or a mix! Even between purebreed lines, the breed can look so different from standard. Maybe a poodle/coton de tulear mixed? I can definitely see where you got bolognese from - maybe! You never know! smile
A lot of vets offer DNA tests, if you are ever curious! The results from those can come back pretty interesting!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3