GO!

I just have to say how freaking awesome small dogs are!!!

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Lucky Jenks

Mommies little- foot-warmer

Barked: Sun Aug 7, '11 9:54am PST 
I have never had a small/or inside dog. It is so nice he is always at my feet or sleeping in my bed. I just adore him already. I grew up with farm dogs and "yard dogs" Jenks is the first dog that has ever really been meant as my companion not a work dog for my grandfather. My kids love him and he gets along with them really well too.cheer

I always thought of small dogs as ankle biters/yappy etc ... but Jenks only barks if he hears someone pull up or at the door and he is not snappy or yappy at all.
[notify]
Sandy Baby- ♥

I may look- little, but I'm- ALL dog!

Barked: Sun Aug 7, '11 12:06pm PST 
Small dogs are great, aren't they? cloud 9

I love all dogs but there's something about small dogs... I can never put my finger on it. Be warned! They're like potato chips... it's hard to have just one! laugh out loud
[notify]
Daisy- Allison

Pretty girl

Barked: Sun Aug 7, '11 5:32pm PST 
We really are the best! I am so sweet to my mom and sleep next to her and give her love and kisses all the time. Just like you I only bark to warn my mom of a stranger coming to the door or if a kitty comes to the yard. Just wait till you are with her longer-your mom will see how great you are!
[notify]

Coco

little little

Barked: Thu Aug 11, '11 6:46am PST 
Daisy, Coco is the same way, not yappy at all and very loving, loves to cuddle and she only barks when there is a cat in the yard ( we have a whole herd of feral cats in the back woods ) "herd?" hee hee or when someone is in our yard or at the front door, and even then she has a very quite bark...Coco is my first small dog, and I never thought of getting one before because all of the ones I met were yappy ankle biters. Of course I think she is the smartest and sweetest in the world, but I am her mom of course I would think that. cloud 9
[notify]
Sumo

Lady's Man

Barked: Thu Aug 11, '11 8:59am PST 
Yep...I changed moms mind about little dogs...cuz...I'm so awesome.way to go
[notify]
Demi Joy

mamma's angel

Barked: Thu Aug 11, '11 12:28pm PST 
As a kid and in the early years of my marriage all we ever had were big dogs except for a couple medium sized dogs. I never appreciated the small dogs because like so many of you I bought into the stigma of little yappy ankle biters and will add ...all they ever did was look cute...WRONG!
I have 2 Maltese and a Morkie and they are wonderful! They are loving and sweet..hardly bark at all, actually are very quiet little dogs until someone comes to the door but hey they are just protecting what is theirs!! Because of them I live a better life, they are my therapy dogs. They have made life sweeter then I had ever imagined!
[notify]
Lily Anne

Let's play!

Barked: Thu Aug 11, '11 5:07pm PST 
Congratulations! I'm a small dog convert too- never thought I would have a poodle mix dog....but there is something different about them. Enjoy him!
[notify]
Savvy

Savvy Savverson

Barked: Thu Aug 11, '11 5:41pm PST 
My dogs bark at people coming into the house. They bark at things at walks sometimes. But I have a pack of small dogs, a pack likes to bark together cause they feel tough in numbers.

I bet anyone who comes in my house think my dogs only ever bark. Because they get barked at smile

I will never have a large dog again! My three little ones cost me the same or a little less than one big guy. And make much less mess!
[notify]
Sophie

A Princess ;)

Barked: Thu Aug 11, '11 8:58pm PST 
Yup I love small dogs! I love big dogs too butred facen- a small dog fits easier into an apartmentrn- a small dog is generally cheaper to own since everything is priced by weight (food, vet bills, medicine, grooming etc.)rn- a small dog has less poop to clean up winkrn- a small dog is easier to take placesrn- a small dog can't jump over things or cause too much destruction (I'm sure other owners would say differently though... laugh out loud )rnrnetc. etc!
[notify]
Caroline

Barked: Sat Aug 13, '11 12:25am PST 
I hate dachshunds and I hate chihuahuas. Never in a million years would I guess that I would have a chihuahua dachshund mix. laugh out loud But she was a street dog that needed a home.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2