GO!

Does your dog like to swim?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sven

Barked: Fri Jun 17, '11 4:59pm PST 
Sven hates swimming, but he'll always go in the water if I go in. He can even swim faster than me!
[notify]
Nicky

World's Cutest- Leprechaun

Barked: Fri Jun 17, '11 6:49pm PST 
Nicky would like swimming if the water was drier wink
Paris didn't like the kiddie pool, but loves playing in the water on the beach.
[notify]
Angel/Little- Dog

Angel/Little- Dog-You will- obey me

Barked: Sat Jun 18, '11 6:05am PST 
I think I'm really a dolphin in disguise!! smile
Dad opens the pool tomorrow...........Woohoo!!!cheercheercheer
[notify]

Hope *adopted

Barked: Sat Jun 18, '11 8:51am PST 
The only one of mine that will go swimming is Hope. She LOVES the water and even swims in her water bowl laugh out loud

Sakari will get in if she is hot - just enough to wet her paws. But loves playing in the water sprinkler.

Sampson and She She HATE water, and will take off running at the sound of running water shrug
[notify]
Pooch ~ I- miss you ~

love forever

Barked: Sat Jun 18, '11 12:26pm PST 
All my dogs have liked to swim... Pooch's problem was he was front-heavy, so he would tip forward in the water! This made him nervous and he would lift his front feet really high out of the water to try to keep his head up, and then he'd tire too quickly... I ended up buying him a life vest, which helped to keep him in a 'normal' position in the water so he could swim normally without tipping forward and he was much happier.
[notify]
Ava

Super Friendly- Aviator

Barked: Sat Jun 18, '11 1:54pm PST 
Hoping our Border Collie loves the water, because Ava sure doesn't. laugh out loud She tolerates it at best. She's front heavy too, and doesn't know how to keep her head above the water, so she ends up choking on it and scaring herself senseless.
[notify]
Sadie and- Oakley

Twice the dog ~- Twice the- trouble :p

Barked: Sat Jun 18, '11 2:33pm PST 
No water lovers here, more like water haters in this house. Sadie and Oakley book it out of the place when the hose or the bath water turns on
[notify]
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Sat Jun 18, '11 2:39pm PST 
happy danceOh!! I do!

We live on the lake, and I have to swim off the dock! So Daddy built me a "River Ramp" so I can go up and down! There is a pic on my page!

I always wear my life jacketwink
[notify]
Jack

Sir Shasta Jack- Fungston is the- name (:

Barked: Sat Jun 18, '11 4:06pm PST 
My dog Jack is a papillon and he loves to walk around in our lake. I take him kayaking and he loves it and he will jump out if he can see the bottom and touch the bottom of the lake. He will swim if he gets scared he will jump out and swim to land or if i go swiming he swims after me. He is a very good swimmer too which is weird for small dogs
[notify]
Zoey

love my family- but strangers- beware

Barked: Sat Jun 18, '11 4:17pm PST 
My GSD's love the water hose! They like to swim in the kiddie pool we have at the house. Zoey we tried the lake but she would only go in chest deep. We haven't had Sadie at the lake yet with all of the flooding we had I am not sure I want to go in. Roscoe however HATES water. He hates rain and won't go outside unless he can hold it no more. He won't walk on wet grass and will walk up the driveway down the edge of the street step on the curb, balance and then poo or pee as he stands on the concrete. Then back down the street and driveway he comes. I think if he didn't have to drink water he wouldn't. Funniest thing I have ever seen since he is part lab. He also won't stick his head out the window...drives my husband nuts. The GSD's will and you have never seen someone so excited for a dog to stick their head out the window because "that's what dogs should do"
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2