GO!

pekingese with short hair?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Gabby

The word bath is- but the word vet- is out

Barked: Mon May 30, '11 1:35am PST 
Hi I have heared I am have 2 grow my hair out so I am this fluffy . I am not a mix but my hair is like this Short hair so is thsi normal? And I dont have a hair cut
[notify]
☯Gabby☯

keep a wagging- your tail

Barked: Mon May 30, '11 1:19pm PST 
i
[notify]
Mini

A Heartbeat at- Your Feet ♥

Barked: Mon May 30, '11 3:28pm PST 
Gabby do you have two dogster pages? laugh out loud How and why?

I dont know about your fur, are you a puppy? Are you a crossed breed? I would just wait it out, it'll probably grow. You're super cute so dont worry about it!
[notify]

☯Gabby☯

Barked: Tue May 31, '11 4:13pm PST 
No i am not a puppy I am about to be 6 years old on the 5th and I am a not a crossed breed thanks mini will ya friend me i am new here as well smile
[notify]
Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Mon Jun 6, '11 5:58pm PST 
Oh yes, a short haired pekingese is called a Happa dog. It used to be a well recognized breed a century ago, but the show judges did not prefer them.
[notify]
☯Gabby☯

Barked: Tue Jun 7, '11 3:53pm PST 
Oh I diddent know that wow thanks for the fact.
[notify]
Snickers

Momma is the- center of the- universe...

Barked: Thu Jun 9, '11 10:42am PST 
The Happa dog was a very short coated dog.
pictures: Copy and paste to browser....
http://messybeast.com/history/1800dogs-1.htm

There is a Pekingese on the same page if you scroll down. Notice the Pek. looks like your dog, not like the show dog you linked. Selective breeding and warped many breed from the dog they were, and should be into (sorry), freaks of nature. I think your Pek is beautiful and I'm glad it looks like the historical Pekingese, not the puff ball breeders have turned it into.
[notify]
☯Gabby☯

Barked: Thu Jun 9, '11 5:13pm PST 
I agee snickers and I diddent know that and well she is my baby I love her no matter how she looks and If her hair was like well.....The last peak it would be hard to take care of her hair.Do you know anything more about the peak?
[notify]
☯Gabby☯

Barked: Thu Jun 9, '11 5:23pm PST 
The Happa is a short-coated Pekinese-type dog, the ancestor of the modern Pekingese (also spelled Pekingese), Shih-Tzu and Japanese Spaniel. It may also be the ancestor of the modern Pug, another "short-mouthed" breed that is believed to have first appeared in China. Such dogs were recorded in 663 BC and possibly as long ago as 1115 BC. Pug-type dogs arrived in Europe in the 17th Century through trade and became popular in the 18th Century and again in the late 19th Century.

According to “Dogs In Britain, A Description of All native Breeds and Most Foreign Breeds in Britain” by Clifford LB Hubbard, 1948: The native Japanese Spaniel [Chin Chin] is quite distinct from the Pekingese of China yet has about the same status. It is a Toy Dog closely related to Pekingese, Pugs and Happa Dogs.

Now the happa dogs well can you pal me and also look at my pics am I a happa dog my tail curls like a peak I dont look like a happa do I?shrugconfused
[notify]
CiCCio

Barked: Thu Dec 29, '11 9:23am PST 
hi, my 4yr old peke looks exactly like yrs...she sheds a lot & her hair wont grow too long. Hardly hv 2 bring her cut hair - only 2x a year for a trim
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2