GO!

Excessive drooling in my Shih tzu...

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

Odus

Barked: Sat Apr 30, '11 3:14pm PST 
I don't think this is normal....as I've had my shih tzu's for 4 years....and have never seen this, except for when my 4 yr old was stressed during a driving trip.

My youngest one, Odus...he's two....he started drooling this morning....no apparant reason why. We are home, nothing has changed as far as routine goes - it's just another day of same'ole, same'ole...

The fur under his mouth has been wet all day. He doesn't seem his "normal" self, but he doesn't act sick either. He still has an appetite. He's still wanting to eat - and is eating. He's playing with his toys, he's running around.

I'm boggled.....what's with all the drooling?
[notify]
♥- Daisy- ♥

Once you get a- Jack you never- go back!

Barked: Sat May 14, '11 11:26am PST 
I am not really sure why he would be drooling, especially is he is a shihtzu.... Maybe he has some excess bacteria in or around his mouth, causing him to drool. I would take hime to a vet and see what they say. Sorry I wasn't much help..Good luck finding out what it is.
[notify]