GO!

question for papillon owners

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

Rico Suave

I IS DA EVIL- LITTLE PILLOW- THIEF!

Barked: Tue Apr 26, '11 6:31am PST 
Hey my dog rico wears a harness for many hours a day and if I am having issues or am out of town he may wear it for a few days so i can keep him near by incase i have to leave ASAP. (his harness not his sd vest) and I was wondering do you guys and gals have any recommendations for a good coat conditioner shampoo detangler and grooming spray.

under the straps he is getting tangled and so forth and i took over his grooming so i am kinda at a stand still of what to use on him. I know he has dry skin if that helps.

i brush him out regularly and he has more of a puppy coat even at 5 going on 6 years old he does not have the long shaggy pap coat for some reason.

any suggestions appreciated. I also posted under grooming thanks

BTW I currently use a whitening shampoo
[notify]
Trixie

Lookin' Pretty

Barked: Tue Apr 26, '11 8:11am PST 
I don't own a small dog, but I do have a chow-shep mix who gets matts. This Ultra Wash shampoo is the best we've used http://www.bestshotpet.com/category/best-shot-3-step/

I also like their ultra vitalizing de-matting mist. Both work well to get out the snarls.
[notify]
Elliott

Insanely- Handsome

Barked: Tue Apr 26, '11 10:41am PST 
That is the exact reason why Minnie can't wear a harness. I brush through her coat with a wide toothed come every day.
[notify]

Eponine

Love- unconditionally.

Barked: Tue Apr 26, '11 11:32am PST 
Vinegar!

Pour some over the area, comb it in, and then rinse it out! I love it.

I warn that until Rico dries completely there will be a vague vinegar smell, and you'll think "did I spill salad dressing somewhere?" But I'm happy to report that once it is completely dry there is no smell at all.
Daisy

Mommy's little- princess

Barked: Thu Apr 28, '11 5:36am PST 
Pet head furball detangling spray in orange bottle. AWESOME STUFF!!!!!! I spray it all over every time I brush and comb my dogs. Leaves them with that just bath feel and it gets tangles out really easily and it makes them smell like strawberries!!!!!
[notify]
Rico Suave

I IS DA EVIL- LITTLE PILLOW- THIEF!

Barked: Fri Apr 29, '11 8:46pm PST 
i will definitly go look for it. does anyone have suggestions on a coat conditioner that i can use after shampooing? the one i was using i didnt like the chemicals in it.
[notify]
Ferris

Butterfly Ears

Barked: Tue May 10, '11 12:29pm PST 
A whitening shampoo is really only for occasional use. It dries the coat making it more breakable and easier to tangle. Go with a more moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. People love Vellus products for Paps or Chris Christensen.
[notify]