GO!

Benji's breeds?

Small dogs have big personality! This is the place to talk up your favorite small breeds, ask questions, and share tips and stories. Be sure to visit our Small Dog Breeds area for profiles of all your favorite small dog breeds, featured articles, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Benji- ADOPTABLE

I am a very- sweet & cute- dog! ADOPT ME!!

Barked: Sat Feb 19, '11 6:32pm PST 
Benji is from the dog rescue I volunteer with. He is looking for a forever home. He was a HUGE hit at the adoption event today, but didn't find a home. Everyone said "oh, he's SO cute!" or "what kind of dog is he?"

Benji is about 9 months old and is small (approximately 11 pounds). He has a very gorgeous long Grey and White coat that is very soft. I think he normally has long hair on his face, but someone has trimmed it off. He seems to be very low shedding. His tail curls over his back. He is taller than your typical Shih Tzu. He is super sweet and friendly. He gets along GREAT with other dogs and cats. He LOVES to play and is very smart.

Our best guess is Benji's a Shih Tzu mix. But it was also brought up a couple times that he looks sort of like a Havenese or Lhasa Apso. What breed of dog(s) do you think Benji is?

Thanks! hug
[notify]
Nicky

World's Cutest- Leprechaun

Barked: Sat Feb 19, '11 6:49pm PST 
My best guess would be Shih-Tzu/Maltese
[notify]
Benji- ADOPTABLE

I am a very- sweet & cute- dog! ADOPT ME!!

Barked: Sat Feb 19, '11 7:46pm PST 
I looked up pictures of Maltese/Shih Tzu mixes and he looks a LOT like them. Maybe that's what we'll call him.

Any other guesses?

Thanks, again. smile

Edited by author Sat Feb 19, '11 7:47pm PST

[notify]

Toby

Barked: Sun Feb 20, '11 8:56am PST 
Might be just me, but from his pictures he looks like he has some chinese crested (powder puff) in him. I see it more in the body, than his face.

I don't see shih tzu, but always hard to tell with mixes. He has a longer nose and delicate face, so maybe maltese or poodle somewhere in the background.

Whatever he is, he is adorable!
[notify]
♥- Sparky- ♥

Barked: Sun Feb 20, '11 9:53am PST 
Hmm, depending on how big I think there may even be some tibetan terrier in there. That is if he is closer to 18 pounds, not under 10.thinking

ETA... I really do think there is tibetan terrier in there. He has a curly tail and his wait seems like a good match. Feel his tail... is it wirey with lot s of fur? And his ears... are they small with lot so fur?

Edited by author Sun Feb 20, '11 9:56am PST

[notify]
Eponine

Love- unconditionally.

Barked: Sun Feb 20, '11 10:00am PST 
I don't care what he is I WANT HIM AND I WANT HIM NOW.

*eats heart out*

Oh you have no idea. There is something in that face. If I wasn't in the UK I'd be on the phone with my landlord.

I hope you find him a great forever home!
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sun Feb 20, '11 10:30am PST 
I also see Chinese Crested smile
[notify]
Boston

King of- everything

Barked: Sun Feb 20, '11 4:22pm PST 
O my I love him so much to. He is toooooooooo cute! Whatever the breed Id take him in an instant if you were closer bol!!!!
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Sun Feb 20, '11 9:15pm PST 
I thought Chinese crested when I first saw him too. He sure is cute!!!
[notify]
Lexi Hope

Mamma\'s little- attitude girl

Barked: Mon Feb 21, '11 6:09am PST 
Oh my gosh he is darling!!! I would like to take him too but I also live too far away.(Iowa) I am no one to try to pick out breeds just by looking but he does have the face of a Maltese and I DO see Shih-zu but thats just me....what ever he is, he is darling! Tugging at my heart because hubby and I have been kickin around the idea of a Shih-zu or Shih zu mix!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2